headers with a 4 speed

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
IDK what gear you have in the rear, but if it's numerically lower than a 3.70 I'd use a vac sec instead of a carb with mechanical secondaries. It will be much more snappy...

Tommy

Doober

Jun 2, 2003
Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com
I have a 600 Edelbrock vac. sec. on mine, 'cause it was cheap & I got it from the junkyard I worked at. It seems to run well, but I would also probably go for a QJet for part throttle response and still have the extra cfm available. Having built a 383 with TBI and tuned it though, I plan on something similar for the Malibu when I have the money to. Programmable timing curves, and load fueling is more precise (though there isn't a major mpg difference between efi/carb).

blue70chevelle

Daily Driver
Jan 11, 2007
long island
83warwagon said:
Ok so after alot of phone calls, I think the hooker super comp headers are going to work, the black painted ones are $165 and ceramic coated are almost $400, I am on a budget but don't want rusty headers either. and are the gaskets they come with any good or should I ger a set of copper gaskets, and last thing is do you guys use the hex head header bolts thanks guys.

Where are you finding them for that price, whats the part number on them and what size is the primaries?

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
Don't spend a penny on Hooker's coatings. Go with a good aftermarket company like Nitro Plate...

Tommy

Supe

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 21, 2003
Charlotte, NC
LS6 Tommy said:
Don't spend a penny on any mass market factory header coatings. Go with a good aftermarket company like Nitro Plate...

Tommy

Fixed it :)

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
Supe said:
LS6 Tommy said:
Don't spend a penny on any mass market factory header coatings. Go with a good aftermarket company like Nitro Plate...

Tommy

Fixed it :)

Why, thank you, sir!

I'm calling Nitro Plate Wednesday for a coating quote for my super cheapo steal of the century uncoated, used Hooker 2241s. Got them for $150.00!! You can't argue with getting them that cheap & the coating will probably be around $325.00. You can't even get new painted 2241s for that!

Tommy

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts