headers

406Elcamino

Frequent Racer
Jan 8, 2006
I installed my stepped 1 7/8 1 3/4 schoenfelds with the motor in, But i have a ac delete plate, bucked the ears off the transmission and had to remove the starter no big deal though never had to jack the motor though

bigg502

Daily Driver
Sep 27, 2008
Loretto, Ky
I put patriot's on mine they went in with the motor in but I had to notch the driver motor mount and the lower a arm brackets on the fram on both sides. ](*,) and remove the starter.

79izfine

Pro Stocker
Nov 20, 2005
massachusetts
www.cardomain.com
i used hooker 2451 with the motor in i would say they need to go in through the bottom pass side with heater box and drivers side with steering shaft wont clear i put mine in through the top i have no heater box and i had to jack the motor up and i took my plugs out , valve covers off but i have tall valve covers i also if i remember rite took the oil filter off
engine1.jpg

I have Hooker SC in my 80 BU. Went in with no issues. You have to install from the bottom and remove the plugs...

Depending on motor mount position you may have to trim the ear on the driver side lower control arm mounts to clear one of the tubes. I used a sawzall. Maybe about 1/4 inch or so. All in all not a bad install.
IMG_0855.jpg

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts