help to get car running

78 olds cutlass

Daily Driver
Sep 7, 2009
chicago il
i need help on figureing out on my car the car doesnt start the car is a small block chevy fuel injected it has twin turbo on it i just replace the plugs wires and the cap it wants to start but it doesnt what do you think what the problem could be thanks dave

Doober

Jun 2, 2003
Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com
What kind of fuel injection? What ignition? It's hard to know just from knowing it's injected. Where is your initial timing? You can typically get away with making sure it's firing at TDC on the compression stroke, then go from there probably. What's your fuel pressure?

78 olds cutlass

Daily Driver
Sep 7, 2009
chicago il
ihave a msd 6al the fuel injection is a tpi setup also i have the fast system bank to bank the fuel presure at crank is 25 pounds at cranking when it starts its 44 pounds thanks dave

jrdrag

Amateur Racer
Feb 8, 2007
Rochester, NY
What kind of fuel pump are you running? An electric pump should have full pressure as soon as you turn the key to the acc position. We need to know what kind of injectors you have, what the plugs look like when you pull them out after it doesn't start and whether or not it tries to fire at all before we can be much help at all. All the details you can give us will be a huge help.

78 olds cutlass

Daily Driver
Sep 7, 2009
chicago il
i pull the plugs out thay look clean thay are not fouled my injetor size is 50 the pump is a paxton pump 1000hp electric pump the ingition is hei has a msd 6al external coil the computer is fast bank to bank do you think the coil is going bad or the program needs to be change thanks dave

blue t

Amateur Racer
Dec 14, 2008
birmingham alabama
If this is the first time you have tried to start it with the fast on it you to advance the engine 40deg the put the distributor in pointed at number 1. After you do that make a timing table that reads 40deg and check it with the timing light. You may want to set the fuel pump to prime longer with the key on not running I think mine runs 5 seconds.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts