HELP!! CAR STARTS AND RUNS BUT NO BATTERY DRIVEN PARTS WORK

2doorBu

Frequent Racer
Much like the topic states. I started this issue the other day, I went out to the car to go to work and no power. After some investigating I still have 12 V at the coil wires and with the key in the ignition and the "On" position, I could operate all of the ignition switched operations, such as the power windows, wipers.... and now the fuel pump. The fuel pump was originally connect to a 12V power source in a battery slot on the fuse box, switched it to and ignition slot. I also did not have headlights, radio, dome lights, power door locks, taillights, bascially everything that has a constant hot wire. The car would fire and continue running, so I was late for work. Leave from work and have power back to everything. I figured that I had an intermittent working ignition switch, so but a new one in and now I don't have anything again. This problem has shown itself it to weather conditions to date, raining and cold weather. Though I do live in florida , it is dewwy every morning. Have yet to locate a bad ground or loose wire. I am going nuts, needless to say I want to punch a hole in something. Any ideas guys, all are welcome. b/c at this point I ready to put a sign on it and sell.......doubt it would happen. The car is a 1981 malibu with an msd ignition 6 al and coil - billet distributor and the most recent work has been the replacing of the 200-4r with another one.

2doorBu

Frequent Racer
after posting this, the head had a light bulb click, there is a loose wire on the harness that was going across the trans tunnel, for now I tied them up higher and no problems. I think the fusible link is in there and it loose

Doober

Jun 2, 2003
Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com
Fusible links are the devil :p Mine burned out a couple years ago, and I ran new wiring directly to the battery (instead of down to the starter past all the exhaust heat). Haven't put fuses in yet, but it's definitely not getting fusible links again.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts