help with starter nose cone,please

BIGB197480

Weekend Racer
Feb 12, 2008
PEORIA ,ILLINOIS
i have a 464697 bellhousing i was puttin in my malibu,and the starter nose is to big.i have the big flywheel,so anyone have a small nose cone or know where i can get one,application for the small nose starter would be helpful for the parts guys cause they just look at me stupid when i try to stop n see if they can find one.lol.thanks.

t5montecarlo

MalibuRacing Junkie
Oct 21, 2007
Lederach, PA
garage-scene.com
You need the nose cone with 2 long bolts. Is that the one that you have?

The one you need should look like this one with staggered holes. This came off of a rebuild years ago so I could swap the other cone onto it.

This one is for sale if you need it.

135-3533_IMG.jpg

135-3532_IMG.jpg

80-383

Daily Driver
Sep 24, 2008
GM also made a nose cone with staggered bolt pattern for big flywheel that was made from cast iron. I had a few in the past that fit where aluminum nose cones didnt. Cant tell what year or make it was but check 70's style a body with stick shift. Also if you find one it takes two different length bolts, one long and one medium length. Not the short one used on small flywheel starters.

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
80-383 said:
GM also made a nose cone with staggered bolt pattern for big flywheel that was made from cast iron. I had a few in the past that fit where aluminum nose cones didnt. Cant tell what year or make it was but check 70's style a body with stick shift. Also if you find one it takes two different length bolts, one long and one medium length. Not the short one used on small flywheel starters.

It's for 1970 LS6 454 with a Muncie four speed. It's the same starter I have. GM P/N 1108418.

Tommy

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts