Holley Carb storage???'s

dickeymoore

Dragway Regular
Mar 19, 2007
Atlanta,Ga.
I have a new Holley Street avenger carb that I used to crank a rebuilt engine up that is on a engine stand and would like to know what are the best ways of storing the new Holley carb,can I keep it bolted and covered up on the engine or take it off and drain it and keep it in the box wrapped in plastic or what?THANKS

woody31

Frequent Racer
i would remove it and drain all the gas,,,make sure it is clean and dry and you should be fine,,i would def,,put it in a large ziplock bag of some type,,keep out the nasties,,cheers

1978AL

Amateur Racer
Jul 21, 2013
FLINT MICHIGAN
woody31 said:
i would remove it and drain all the gas,,,make sure it is clean and dry and you should be fine,,i would def,,put it in a large ziplock bag of some type,,keep out the nasties,,cheers

+1...
you likely have ethanol in your fuel down there, which will cause ugliness....(unless your running race fuel in er)..either way, yeah get er cleaned out and dry...

don't forget to drain the ACC pump and related components as well..

how long are you expecting it to set anyway?

might be able to just snatch up a gallon of turbo blue (or the like = no ethanol).. throw some stay-bil in your fuel, fire it up and run it long enough for it to fill/circulate throughout your carb, and call it good....if were not talking about letting it set for real long time?..

another thing I`ve done in the past, is mix a small amount of two cycle oil in the gas..(couple onces per gallon)...run a little bit through, then drain (or leave it..wont hurt anything, might smoke a little on next start up, but will clear out/pass through in short order)....helps prevent water/moisture that may gather in the carb, from causing rust on various metal parts..

P.s..I`m assuming you fired up this motor on a stand?..and using some type of remote fuel tank IE gas can or the like...

dickeymoore

Dragway Regular
Mar 19, 2007
Atlanta,Ga.
Yeah I just used fresh gas in a gas can to fire engine up I don't know how long the carb will sit not planning to install engine till my daily drive decide to quit,just built the engine for a spare.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!