Holley Sniper EFI?

Chevellefan

Mar 26, 2022
I got my El Camino back home today. The engine runs beautiful. I'll have to get some miles on it to get the computer up to where it functions better.
Congrats, you're gonna like it. Are you controlling spark with it too?

78elk

Dragway Regular
Mar 6, 2014
Mountain Home Id
I had a problem getting it to start with out using the accelerator. I finally figured out what I needed to change and I got it completed today. Hope to get it on the road again Tuesday and see how it does now.

78elk

Dragway Regular
Mar 6, 2014
Mountain Home Id
I had to change the RPM setting and had to adjust the screw that opens the butterfly. The El Camino wouldn't start without pushing on the accelerator. It's supposed to start without using the accelerator. Then I had to get the IAC level down under 10 on a warm engine. It was over 70 after one of my adjustments. Now it's down to 0 on a warm engine. I hope to get it on the road again Tuesday and see what happens.

Meat Drapes

Dragway Regular
Mar 26, 2005
Stoutland, MO
Interesting thread. I have the FiTech Mean Street 800 on a 496. Never had a problem with it other then trying to play with a setting I dont fully understand and adjusting it 'out' of tune. I have had the same starting issue with mine. Though it was not IAC related. Mine was 'after start fuel' and giving a little throttle helped start it. The FiTech has an initial prime shot that you can fully adjust. Then there is cranking fuel and finally afterstart fuel. Its quite the dance to get things just right. Though my 496 has a solid roller cam and its not exactly the easiest thing for the computer to control. Mine has a tight LSA of 109 and it causes the O2 sensor trouble. With my overlap my IAC is happy around 20.
You might try to close the butterflies a hair to get the IAC off the floor of zero. Unless Holley calls for 0. IDK. These throttle bodies are pretty interesting. Ridiculously sensitive to everything requiring your engine to be pretty rock solid. The tiniest vacuum leak or gasket leak skews the whole show.
How large is your fuel table matrix on the Holley??

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts