How much HP can 33 spline axles support,....?

buschmec

Amateur Racer
Jul 7, 2003
panama city florida
all depends on combo, everything is calculated in lbs. of force applied blah, blah,blahhh.......if you have 33 spls. run'em till you break'em, if your ordering, buy what you can- bigger is always better in axles. gun drilled 40's are lighter than solid 33's

James Bond

Dragway Regular
Dec 26, 2005
Earth
Night Stalker said:
I'm hitting my 33 splines with alittle over 900+ hp with spray if that tells you anything... 8)

it tells me that your sig needs to be updated.... ;)

Night Stalker

Dragway Regular
Nov 3, 2009
Genoa,Oh
James Bond said:
Night Stalker said:
I'm hitting my 33 splines with alittle over 900+ hp with spray if that tells you anything... 8)

Nope,,,,,,,,,,sig tells you what the motor runs.. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :-"

James Bond

Dragway Regular
Dec 26, 2005
Earth
Night Stalker said:
James Bond said:
Night Stalker said:

Nope,,,,,,,,,,sig tells you what the motor runs.. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :-"
=D>

Supe

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 21, 2003
Charlotte, NC
I've seen quite a few 31 spline axles go well into the 8's...

monzaz

Dragway Regular
Aug 10, 2005
Richfield, Oh
www.jdrace.com
Are you using these 33 spline axles in a FULL SPOOL or a POSI unit. I would be more concerned about hogging out the side gear so much that it does not have enough material to do the job. You can not over build one part while leaving the spider gears that have to carry all the 900ft lbs. of torque. This is where most posi units fail... SPIDER GEAR FAILURE. 30 spline aftermarket axles will usually get the job done all the way to low 10 sec range.

If you are using a full spool then YES get the biggest axles with in reason of weight issues as all your doing is eating horsepower and torque strain on the ring and pinon from trying to instantly try to move that weight off the line...You want less reciprocating mass so that is where GUN drilling the axles comes in. 33 and up start really packing on the weight. :) Jim

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts