how to hook on the street?

v8power

Frequent Racer
Jul 24, 2008
okc
So, are you street racing or just cruising? If your not racing who cares?

lurchsmalibu

Top Fueler
Jun 5, 2005
Lakeland, Florida
What weight do you have moved to the trunk? Do you have any off the line pictures to see how much your Bu's rear is squatting?

If you can't use maximum power (nitrous) or any other little "adders" why run on the street, what kind of excuses comes up with everyone that their "potential" wasn't met? Is the strip too expensive or too far away to go for a day and see what full potential you and your friends car(s) have?

Do the frame notch anyways to be able to tuck the tires easier and let the rear squat more if you mess with the springs/shocks. Have you gone through the photo gallery of some of the off the line pics and the tires are up into the fenderwell quite a ways.

toxicbu

Frequent Racer
Feb 25, 2009
romeoville il
my old tire on the rear was a 26x10 et drag i hade no problem
stuffing it under the car with a notch
you should get an 11.50 under it.
my younger days street racing
i used a dirt track tire
it was called DIRT BOSE
thay hooked real good

prairiehotrodder

Pro Stocker
Dec 17, 2005
Melfort Saskatchewan Canada
thanks for the idea's guys. I think i'm getting pretty decent weight transfer from the pics and video's i've taken and i have a good suspension components. I have my battery in the trunk and it lifts one tire off the ground at the strip whick i think is pretty common with g-bodies. I'll probably do the frame notch this winter and see what i gain. I like racing at the track but its 2 hours away and there is kind of a local "king of town" shootout between friends that i like to take part in. Its not exactly legal but its fun and its done on a secluded section of highway away from traffic and pedestrians. I don't want to open a street racing debate because it is dangerous and illegal and i hate reading about kids getting killed.
Brian

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts