How to properly set the preload.

toxicbu

Frequent Racer
Feb 25, 2009
romeoville il
im runing a 9in spool rear no air bag no swaybar 90/10 drag shocks and the weekist rear spring i could find .she hooks hard and go's strait every time. my buddy had a malibu wagon with the same problem thay emptied the air bag and it hooked harder. tubeler swaybars help out .

Attachments

• swaybar 001.jpg
    swaybar 001.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 1,878

darius smith

Amateur Racer
Jul 12, 2006
fort valley, ga
it all depends on your power level what you need to work for you. i'm saying this because i have had all the g-body suspension on my car and still havent got the 60ft. in the 1.40s on motor. with trick spring on all 4 corners and 90/10 up front 60ft. was in hi 1.50s. i added a airbag with 15lbs and all it did was take sum of the twist out. got rid of springs in rear and replaced them with qa1 coil over springs (12" 130lb) and arb. the 60ft dropped to mid 50s and this was using 2 converters a 3600 nos and a 5400 t-brake. there was no different in the 2. my motor make a little over 600hp(flywheel). the new set up is qa1s R on all 4 corners. some time you just have to test and tune on the suspension the same way you have to do on the motor. i been at for at least 2 yrs and still havent reach my goals.

Are the front shocks set the same?

Set the p/s to 90/10 and d/s to 70/30 so it is a little "harder" to lift , helps it lift more square.

Got 1.46 60s that way with single adjustibles on the rear at 6 clicks (approx. 50/50),air bag at 7 psi, stock front spring and eibach lowering springs in the rear.

I have since moved on to double adjustibles up front.

Even a stock swaybar will help.

Agree on no air in the bag, the trick springs and the bar are doing the same thing, maybe TOO much.

I also suggest getting what you have to work before changing drivetrain parts.

I am still learning my combo and am trying to restrain for touching the motor for my 9.

My buddy needs his Dominator back so back to square one when "my" carb and manifold go on. Fun isn't it.

Good luck.

Oh, listen to Todd (10secbu ) he helped me out quite a bit .

kasper69

Amateur Racer
Jul 31, 2003
Romeoville , IL
How are you launching your car on t brake or foot brake if your foot braking are you tring to get up on the converter or are u get a little above idle and flashing the converter?

Malibu355

Pro Stocker
Feb 21, 2009
La Marque, Texas
kasper69 said:
How are you launching your car on t brake or foot brake if your foot braking are you tring to get up on the converter or are u get a little above idle and flashing the converter?

I foot brake my car, which is better? Flash or stall?

kasper69

Amateur Racer
Jul 31, 2003
Romeoville , IL
Just need to do trial and error.Some motor like coming of a brake and some like to be stalled and some like to take a run a the converter. The malibu in pic gets 5800 on the brake and the 2 step is set 4800 and a freinds s10 that gets 4000 but motor like flashing the converter from 1500

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!