Hydroboost people!

80ECLT

MalibuRacing Junkie
Nov 21, 2006
Sheboygan Falls, Wisconsin
Im thinking of switching to a Hydroboost setup. I want to get a factory type setup. I cant find any parts GN's or diesel gbodies laying around... I hear some astro vans had it? any info on years, or what to look for? Or any other factory GM setup that will work? Im thinking fullsize truck wont work.

Any help or advise is appreciated.

TOMS78BU

MalibuRacing Junkie
Dec 13, 2007
gadsden, alabama
from what i can tell, 90-95 astro vans carried it as an option. hope that helps.

80ECLT

MalibuRacing Junkie
Nov 21, 2006
Sheboygan Falls, Wisconsin
Thanks,

Thanks, I know I seen one in the junkyard a while back, but didnt pay much attention to it. Does anyone know if the MC is level if using an astro setup in a gbod?

RatMalibu

Pro Stocker
May 21, 2003
Rolla, Mo.
www.fidnet.com
yes it was an option on an astro, the MC's for hydroboost are different so you need a matching MC....and they are different year wise too so if you are boneyard shopping get it all off the same rig

you will still need to shorten the astro pushrod to get it to match up to the g-body pedal...

no it will not put the MC level it sits exactly the same way the factory vacuum MC would

and yes its one of the absolute best things I've done to my car...I finally am able to use the 12" front brakes and rear disks lol

the only ones you would not need to modify at all would be a diesel Bu or a early turbo regal (86-87 are powermaster, which is a different setup all together)

malibu795

Pro Stocker
Apr 17, 2005
spgfd ohio
i have been thinking baout this as well.. main prob is i cannot lock my front tires up on dry pavement. and the foot is on the floor.. rear is not a problem

everything oem has been replaced with new stuff... def thinnking about gettign bigger MC for more volume...

Doober

Jun 2, 2003
Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com
What you would ideally be looking for is actually a longer stroke. With a larger bore MC you'll have to apply more pressure at the pedal to get the same amount you were getting at the cylinders/calipers. You may want to look into a different booster, though you did say your foot was to the floor. Maybe try a set of braided brake hoses for the calipers?

malibu795

Pro Stocker
Apr 17, 2005
spgfd ohio
Doober said:
What you would ideally be looking for is actually a longer stroke. With a larger bore MC you'll have to apply more pressure at the pedal to get the same amount you were getting at the cylinders/calipers. You may want to look into a different booster, though you did say your foot was to the floor. Maybe try a set of braided brake hoses for the calipers?
already done...

the stroke on the stock is basicly maxed for me... out of roughly ~5" worth of travel it take 2-3" to do a moderate stop.

increasing the dia would give me a increase pedal feel and quicker sponse and stiff pedal feel.. instead of the nice soft mushy/border line firm feel i currently have

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!