Little M vs. Iron Eagle vs. Motown

tumuchNOS

Sep 29, 2004
reno nv
Re:

Shawn27530 said:
thanks for the Info. So for an 18 degree motor, it consists of 18 degree pistons, heads and valve train, Right??

The guy that sets up 3rd members and stuff for the locals, SWEARS that a small block with 23 degree heads has a GOVENOR, LOL. He is putting down 5,80's in a back halved Nova, and his tube chassis Berreta runs 4,80's both cars are N/A.
So this is where I get my inspiration from.

Don't forget the intake....

DeltaT

Dragway Regular
Oct 28, 2003
Nor Cal
I learn as I go, and with my current project I've learned two things:

- I would have gone with the tall block Iron Eagle if I had known better up front

- I would have had Carl done all the block prep

That being said, I did do all the work (except the boring/honing) myself on the Little M, and learned a lot, and Carl (via Speedtalk.com) was extremely helpful in answering questions and sharing his knowledge. Luckily the Little M didn't need any serious (stuff I couldn't do in the garage) machining.

BTW, it's a 421"/Vortech YSi/Dart Little M/AFR235cc build for boost in the 20# range. I overbuilt as I may go with a big single turbo some time in the future.

Lots of build pictures here:

http://home.mindspring.com/~jim_fisk/thegreyghost

Jim

DeltaT

Dragway Regular
Oct 28, 2003
Nor Cal
Thanks Carl - I did match with emphasis on the exhaust side - I tried to match as perfectly as possible there, intake side did a modest matching job, and the medium holes in between 1&3, 5&7 (and their counterparts on the other side) I matched perfectly to the gasket. After checking just now I realized I didn't take any photos that show the modified collant holes, which is a bummer.

Jim

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts