lowered a bit much.... now what?

Canadian-T-Bone

Dragway Regular
May 25, 2003
Abbotsford,B.C.
When i still had my malibu , under big bumps it would rub . I cut the plastic inner fender at the top & then install a flap of rubber over top of it . That solved the problem.

garyg

Frequent Racer
Jun 17, 2007
You need to make some major mods to the inner fenders. I've got two inch spindles and eibach 1.5 springs and I'm good lock to lock and a tiny bit of rub only in reverse. Don't ask me why I have no idea why its only in reverse. Take out the three bolts in the lip of the inner fender it might be four bolts. Now remove the metal inner liner that's between the lip and the plastic inner fender. Now cut and remove the inner fender all the way to mounting bolts on the body. Its a really bad explanation but with a little fiddling it can be done. I'll try to post some pics

melloelky

Top Fueler
Jul 1, 2009
mass
garyg said:
You need to make some major mods to the inner fenders. I've got two inch spindles and eibach 1.5 springs and I'm good lock to lock and a tiny bit of rub only in reverse. Don't ask me why I have no idea why its only in reverse. Take out the three bolts in the lip of the inner fender it might be four bolts. Now remove the metal inner liner that's between the lip and the plastic inner fender. Now cut and remove the inner fender all the way to mounting bolts on the body. Its a really bad explanation but with a little fiddling it can be done. I'll try to post some pics
i believe that when you drove in reverse,it transfered the weight to the front end and made the body and the tire relation a little bit closer then before

malibu hyde

Daily Driver
May 27, 2010
My front tires rub /bottom out on bumps as well...Im running 2" drop spindles, 205/60r16 tires/rims n 350 engine with stock V6 springs though. Im sick of it rubbing/bottoming out...Thinkin on installing Moog 5662 front springs !! Any other ideas/opinions ???

motorhead

Amateur Racer
Dec 19, 2003
Ottawa, Ontario Canada
Lower the rear of the car or transfer weight behind the rear axle centerline. This changes the F/R weight balance of the car and take some load of the front springs. Or you are into spring pocket spacers to regain some height.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts