LQ4 in the Monte Carlo SS HELP!!

87MC_SS

Sep 27, 2010
I recently did some research on gbodyforum.com and ls1tech.com and I feel the LQ4 will take me where I want to go faster then the 5.3LS engine.
I need to compile a list of all the parts (-)minus the complete engine ecm and wiring... so that means... mounts.. headers and whatever else I may need... fuel system... ignition all that good stuff and prices please, I plan to spend about 1500-1700 on the complete motor.

also I seen an article where they put 4 different LS motors into a Chevelle and all where carbed.... I think I may want to run the carb set up instead of the FI system... does anyone know the pros and cons of running a carb on a LS motor??

Anyone with information will help, Im new to the LS.. LQ motor thing and all the programming Ive heard was very simple
Thanks in advance.

Doober

Jun 2, 2003
Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com
You'll probably spend close to the same carbed vs. EFI, carbed is just a little easier to install. EFI is better for driveability.

87MC_SS

Sep 27, 2010
Doober said:
You'll probably spend close to the same carbed vs. EFI, carbed is just a little easier to install. EFI is better for driveability.

What about power??
And if I got the complete motor. Wudnt I just have to mount the computer somewhere? I would also have to get a 4L60E to use the computer huh?
with my 200r4 would the carb set up be better??

87MC_SS

Sep 27, 2010
Doober said:
You could use either with the EFI setup.

Do you know much about motor mounts or anything that I will need to purchase? Headers etc..
I cannot decide between EFI or Carb...

blubaldmontess

Dragway Regular
Oct 3, 2005
Clarksville, TN
If you want more help, PM me

79loserbluebu

Frequent Racer
Jun 15, 2009
Illinois-60491
blubaldmontess said:
If you want more help, PM me

Do you have a thread or web page with your build?

Conan-64

Daily Driver
Aug 13, 2010
Bluebu, these are the plates i used for my swap. Shane was very easy to deal with and the plates are REALLY nice. also included was all the hardware.

http://www.gbodyforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=21265&start=15

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts