manual master cylinder

SSSSMonte

Amateur Racer
Apr 8, 2006
NY
is there a direct bolt in manual master cylinder i can run in my 85 monte?already have a booster delete plate.ran the origanal power master on the delete plate brakes work but not that great.. Thanks.

greenone60

Daily Driver
Feb 16, 2009
huntsville alabama
some malibu's came with manual brakes go to your local parts dealer they can order you one.you will have to relocated the pin that goes into the master cylinder and you will have to trim some off the pin.i put on a master cylinder off of a 85 chrysler rampage .i don't like the factory master cylinder for the g bodys. hope this helps

SSSSMonte

Amateur Racer
Apr 8, 2006
NY
i have a Chrysler type master but the the line hookups are alot smaller then the lines on my car should i still try to use it i would have to reduce down my line to make it work dont really like to have to do that thou... what do you think its on a circle track type car..Thanks

barnym17

Dragway Regular
Jan 6, 2008
ohio
If you have drum brakes rear use 78 camaro manual master, if converted to disc use 69 vette manual master both are bolt on at about $26 at the zone.Line sizes match perfectly.Also if using disc remove the proportioning valve and put in an adjustable.

FOFITTYFO

Frequent Racer
Jul 5, 2009
Van, Tx.
X2 on barnym17's reply.

SSSSMonte

Amateur Racer
Apr 8, 2006
NY
Thank you barnym17 yes rear drum. is the 78 camaro manual master better than the 78 malibu manual master?

barnym17

Dragway Regular
Jan 6, 2008
ohio
Can't really say the bore is 1 inch vs. 7/8 so you will have a slightly harder pedal.Just seems to be easier to get the camaro one.Also be sure and move the pin for the rod up to the manual hole in the pedal the master will mount in the top set of holes.I would get the cup that mounts behind the master from an s 10 with manual brakes to keep the rod from falling out don't count on preload to hold it in.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts