Moving front wheels inward?

595x

Weekend Racer
Dec 5, 2011
Homosassa FL
Ok, 83 Malibu Wagon drag car, i'm wondering how i can move my front wheels inward about a inch to 11/2 with out using different front off set wheels because i already have my 15" front runner wheels.

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
I don't know of any way other than getting different wheels...

Tommy

10secBu

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 21, 2003
Westminster, MD
I'm curious to what the problem is that you feel the wheel needs to come in that far?

I have run both 15 x 4 and 15 x 3 1/2" wheels with both drag front tires as well as street tires (both sets 26" tall), none have had any fender clearance issues.

I use the 1 3/4" back space as the deeper 2 1/4" back space wheels look too flat and dumb on our cars.

Hope you don't have Aerospace brakes on the front. I've heard their hubs push the wheels out further than other brake kit brands. I use Strange brakes and they fit like stock.

595x

Weekend Racer
Dec 5, 2011
Homosassa FL
Not having any issues at the moment, my 83 wagon is a 4 link backhalf car, set pretty low in the rear, would like to lower the front & even the ride hight out or set the front a little lower & if i eas to do it now my fronts would rub a little i think on the fender lip when i turn + to me, it would look better if fronts were setting in center of fender.

Attachments

• 165.jpg
    165.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 1,510

10secBu

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 21, 2003
Westminster, MD
When I redid my car I removed the inner fenders as well as the steel inner fender bracing that bolted to the top of the plastic inner fenders. I then took the wheel lip and trimmed them back removing the section of bolt holes that fastened the outside of the plastic inner wheel wells to the fender opening.

That might open the area up some to help you out if you haven't already done so.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts