msd wiring help!

83bu

Frequent Racer
Mar 29, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
alright guys i just installed a brand new msd 6al2 in my bu with a stock hei distributor. ive checked the wiring many times and it all apears right to me, but i have no spark. here is how i have it wired.

thick red to positive battery

thick black to negative battery

thin black to negative on dist cap

orange to positive on dist cap

thin red to the pink power wire that would plug into the dist

then the green/purple wire that plugs into the harness that eliminated the module in the distributor.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

grizwald

Top Fueler
Feb 21, 2008
Ontario, Canada
is the distributor grounded somewhere? i don't know what the pink wire is that would normally plug into the distributor, but that small red wire from the box should go to switched 12V source, if i recall. everything else sounds like it's done right.

83bu

Frequent Racer
Mar 29, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
forgot to mention that yes i grounded the distributor to the firewall. and the pink wire is the wire that plugs into the spot on the dist that says bat. i tested it and its live when i turn the key on and turn the motor over.

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
Your polarity may be backwards on the HEI pickup wires. The MSD violet wire goes to the HEI white wire & the MSD green goes to the HEI green.

Tommy

83bu

Frequent Racer
Mar 29, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
well i got it figured out, had to tape the 2 wires in the distributor that connect to the little harness. they must have been grounding out. thanks for the help fellas.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts