NEED HELP 350TBI

slim69

Amateur Racer
Mar 7, 2009
Henderson, ky
I GOT A 95 CHEVY TRUCK WITH A TBI 350 THAT RUNS LIKE CRAP AT IDLE UP TO ABOUT 2000RPMS IVE CHANGED THE FUEL FILTER PLUGS WIRES CAP AND ROTOR THERES NO CODES IN THE COMPUTER AND THE FUEL PRESSURE IS SPOT ON I CHECKED THE TIMING AND IT IS 10 DEGREES ADVANTANCE WITH THE BROWN AND TAN WIRE UNPLUGED AND THE TRUCK WILL NOT STAY RUNNING WITH ANY LESS IT JUST SURGES UP AND DOWN AND DIES SOMETIMES WHEN U PUT IT IN GEAR ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED

Doober

Jun 2, 2003
Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com
Checked your EGR valve, IAC valve, and TPS sensor? TPS is on the throttle body, IAC is in the throttle body, and the EGR... I think that may look a little different than the older ones.
IAC
getimage.php

TPS
getimage.php

EGR
getimage.php

A faulty EGR valve can either stick open or have a broken internal spring, causing a severe miss/crappy idle, possibly the same with the IAC (but I don't think it would leak that bad), TPS is just a thought, not very likely.

StreetBu

MalibuRacing Junkie
Mar 21, 2004
Upstate NY
Also double check the throttle body to manifold gasket, those are VERY common to start leaking vacuum and the computer doesnt know what to do. My guess in order would be IAC, T-body gasket, EGR valve, then TPS. BUT dont just start guessing!

toxicbu

Frequent Racer
Feb 25, 2009
romeoville il
allso try the plug on the thermistat dont know the nameof it but mine broke off and the engin ran like dog blank

JP86SS

Amateur Racer
Sep 26, 2004
N.E. Ohio
www.wideopenwest.com
The coolant temp sensor is what he means.
It will go real rich if the sensor is unplugged (reading -40)
That won't help things if its not working.
A datalog could indicate what is happening. If you have a laptop and a cheap cable to read it with.
Check for any codes too to be sure there isn't an obvious problem.

slim69

Amateur Racer
Mar 7, 2009
Henderson, ky
havent had time to mess with it been busy in the shop its been crazy but will get too it soon thanks for the help guys!!!! :D

Doober

Jun 2, 2003
Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com
I know it seems a bit basic (& Streetbu mentioned it), but have you tried spraying a liquid any place there may be a vacuum leak (any gaskets, etc.)? Have you actually watched the injectors to see if they're firing correctly? How are all your vacuum hoses?

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts