Need Pics Of Hurst Quarter Stick

A

Anonymous

Hey All, I am installing a Hurst Quarter Stick shifter and have run into a little problem. I don't have my shifter with me right now or i would have pictures but i took one off the internet. The piece where the Backup Light Switch and Neutral Safety Switch go into, does that just sit there and hang there or does it need to be screws in or a bolt go through. If someone had close up pictures it would be great be easier if i had pictures. It looks like in this picture there is something going through it , just want to make sure. ANd i dont think i have that spring there either thats right beside it.

Click it to see full size i circled the part red.

grizwald

Top Fueler
Feb 21, 2008
Ontario, Canada
the neutral safety switch has a pin that holds the front of it in place on the base of the shifter with a c clip at each side of the pin to hold it in place (you can see it in the picture you provided). if you install the aluminum cover, you remove that front pin and it's replaced with one of the pins that come with the cover.

A

Anonymous

yeah i have the aluminum cover, but it would be hard to access the front where the clips go with the cover on. maybe there are clips in the bag i got with the shifter ill check. if not ill do what you said.

Thanks.

A

Anonymous

mine to. does the pin go in through when you put the cover on??

A

Anonymous

i understand pretty much, once i put the aluminum cover on the neutral safety switch and the pin holes will line up. because right now the neutral safety switch is off by about 1/2"

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts