needing to make some changes cam? heads? carb?

lilbowtie

Pro Stocker
Oct 5, 2004
Canton Mi.
I really can't point my finger at anything. Your TC slip is 9% which is ok but your are only making 360 BHP. The one thing I would question would be the cam timing - since you seem to run better @ 39 deg total - did you degree the cam in??? I have a slightly bigger cam but you have more in all the other places yet I'm making more power. I'm still thinking.

willtow

Daily Driver
Jul 9, 2012
lilbowtie said:
I really can't point my finger at anything. Your TC slip is 9% which is ok but your are only making 360 BHP. The one thing I would question would be the cam timing - since you seem to run better @ 39 deg total - did you degree the cam in??? I have a slightly bigger cam but you have more in all the places yet I'm making more power. I'm still thinking.

Cams not degreed in just installed straight up .... I'm still thinking as well

lilbowtie

Pro Stocker
Oct 5, 2004
Canton Mi.
It would be nice to know the timing is correct. I think I would try running some 1.5 rockers. There are pro's & con's on runnig 1.6 and it will slow your runner velocity which your big heads are already doing. I will PM you a test done on some 1.6's. As always still thinking

lilbowtie

Pro Stocker
Oct 5, 2004
Canton Mi.
Did you set your valve train geometry?? A lot of performance heads have +.100 valves and will require longer push rods to achieve the proper valve train geometry. You need to make sure you are not binding at your rocker arm to stud. I have seen an engine actually break the rocker stud.

Damon

Pro Stocker
Feb 7, 2005
Philly Area
Man, that's still slow. You should be rockin-n-rollin. 86 through the traps at that weight is, like Lilbowtie says, only about 360HP (at the wheels).

I am STILL scratching my head on this one.

My gut tells me this is not a valvetrain problem. You're not complaining about "hitting the wall" at a certain RPM, which you usually would if you were losing control of the valves for whatever reason.

What are you doing when you're driving this thing? What RPM are you shifting at?

I'm totally scratching my head here.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts