new transmission tunnel humps?

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
Doober said:
Yep, found those guys a while back, now they just need to start carrying the boot/ring and trim piece.

Lots of vendors have them now.

Tommy

rpoudrier

Weekend Racer
Nov 29, 2008
mass
i know this post is long dead but hoping someone reads this, has anyone tried the metal floor hump from the parts place? i ordered the plastic one and it does not even come close to the contour of the floor. i am putting it in a 79 malibu if it helps

prairiehotrodder

Pro Stocker
Dec 17, 2005
Melfort Saskatchewan Canada
I have a used factory one i would sell. The steel floor piece, the plastic, the boot, all of it. Its in an 81 iraqi taxi that i'm about to part out. $75 for it all. I haven't looked it over yet to see what shape its in but assuming its decent thats what i would want for it.
brian

t5montecarlo

MalibuRacing Junkie
Oct 21, 2007
Lederach, PA
garage-scene.com
rpoudrier said:
i know this post is long dead but hoping someone reads this, has anyone tried the metal floor hump from the parts place? i ordered the plastic one and it does not even come close to the contour of the floor. i am putting it in a 79 malibu if it helps
Correct; it is not supposed to fit the floor contours. It is a decorative piece.

The screw holes in the plastic piece are large. The screws are meant to pass through the holes, not thread into them, so you would not have had much success attaching a boot.

The price on the reproduction metal hump is very good. I used to sell used Malibu humps for that much money when they were plentiful and reproductions did not exist.

Doober

Jun 2, 2003
Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com
I still need to get a the steel part too :? It'll be a while before I get back to work on the '78 though so I'm not really in a hurry, probably just order it from the Parts Place, as it's the last piece to my puzzle.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts