nitrous pressure guage...

Elky

Frequent Racer
May 21, 2003
Manitoba, Canada
I feel really dumb for asking this question, but here it is...
When I set up my nitrous system and run a nitrous pressure guage... when it reads zero is that the only way you know your bottle is empty??

cdeezy2003

Amateur Racer
Jul 15, 2007
xenia, ohio
no, you wont reach zero before you need a refill. if you do youll be runnin WAY fat. you just wont be able to get your bottle pressure up to where you need it even with extra heat. it wont take long untill you know how many runs you get per bottle. if you have your manual there should be a comsumption rate chart in it. if in doubt weigh the bottle.

Elky

Frequent Racer
May 21, 2003
Manitoba, Canada
so is a nitrous pressure guage not really necessary? B/C I wont be running a bottle heater/blanket.
If I dont need it I wont order it, Id rather spend my money on things that I need more.

cdeezy2003

Amateur Racer
Jul 15, 2007
xenia, ohio
some people dont run them, but i couldnt imagine not havin one :-k . if theres anything that you would want to ever monitor it would be your fuel and nitrous pressures. if either one is too far off bad things start to happen.

Elky

Frequent Racer
May 21, 2003
Manitoba, Canada
so... a nitrous pressure is a wise idea but a necessity... so if I dont get one right now, Id be fine if I do it down the road sooner than later.

cdeezy2003

Amateur Racer
Jul 15, 2007
xenia, ohio
yea its really a good idea to have one and a seperate fuel pressure guage after your second fuel pressure regulator that you use for your nitrous set up. if the cost is a factor atleast get a guage that screws into the bottle, there only like $15. what size shot are you gonna run?

Elky

Frequent Racer
May 21, 2003
Manitoba, Canada
I am going to be running a 150 shot.. I have heard a lot of different ways of running my nitrous system from people that have run nitrous systems.
I was planing on just taking a T fitting after my reg. 1 to my carb and 1 to the nitrous.
That is what a few people have told me to do, as they have successfully run nitrous that way.

BottleBaby Bu

Dragway Regular
Dec 17, 2004
Houston, Texas
www.Houstonhotrods.net
A nitrous gauge is vital to your nitrous system, A NECESSITY. You want the same pressure everytime to create consistency. And the only way you should consider telling if the bottle is empty is by wieghing it. Wieght is the best way to tell how much nitrous is in a bottle.

Not to highjack but since we are talking about guages here

I just put an in dash autometer n2o gauge. When I turn on the bottle, I have pressure. If I close the bottle, after an hour of so the gauge rear zero again. I can't seem to see any leaks. Are the guages supposed to bleed off or something?

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts