nitrous fuel pressure

Malibuwagon80

Dragway Regular
Aug 8, 2007
North Jersey
Question on fuel pressure for N2o. I hear alot of references to flowing the system. Or is there a safe psi to set it at? I run my line to a holley regulator and have it set at 6 psi dead headed. Now I realize it will drop on activation so should I set it higher? Do any of you guys have a similar setup and what do you set your regulator at ? I haven't sprayed it yet my first attempt didn't go well { Low bottle pressure}, 2 breakdowns while waiting in lanes!!Right now I'm setup for a 100 shot It;s an 08 line going to a Y block and an o8 line to the regulator then an 06 line going to a filter them the solenoid. Thanks for any tips you can throw my way Tom

Excelerater

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 22, 2003
Memphis,TN
nitrous needs its OWN regulator .....flowed though a proper jet
usually a .073......and bottle pressure needs to be 950.......

anything less is harmful to your engine

Malibuwagon80

Dragway Regular
Aug 8, 2007
North Jersey
The nitrous has it's own regulator. 1 regulator for carb and 1 for nitrous fuel.

Ed Cannon

Pro Stocker
Jul 17, 2009
Johnson City Tn
Get a good nitrous fuel flow gauge a good one is about $175+ but its worth it, dont trust a cheapo gauge like I did. My gauge was 1 lb off. My flow gauge says 6psi flowing with a .43 n20 jet for 100 to 200 hp. Pressure will dead head around 10 or 12 psi is normal. Flow check threw the regulated feed line not the solenoid.

elreyyakko

Daily Driver
May 6, 2010
dont just give it its own regulator, give it its own fuel line and electric pump, ull be happier and safer, plus u can tune it seperatly

westexun

Frequent Racer
Dec 27, 2008
If you know where you can buy a process gage you can save some money and make your own flow tool. I bought an Ashcroft 0-15 psi gage for about seventy bucks at a place that sells gages for oilfield applications. It's a 4.5" gage that's accurate to within half a percent. Find an old spray bar fitting to hold an .073 jet and make up a -6 line to screw on the backside of the regulator that you can loop back into the front mounted fuel cell and you're set. If you can tell I'm tight a-- old redneck.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts