No Pedal on Manual Brake Swap

454RAT

Pro Stocker
Mar 19, 2004
Summerville, SC
And what are these wilwood brakes everyone is using? is there a part number?

Stroked383

Amateur Racer
Dec 28, 2005
St louis Mo
Going to try and use my power bleeder to try and suck some more air from the lines. With the power master cylinder on the car there should be no reason to not have pedal. Once I get pedal there, I will then attempt the manual master and hopfully come out with positive results. Will be working on the car friday, way to much school related activities going on.

These are the calipers.
http://www.speedwaymotors.com/Wilwood-GM-Iron-Metric-Calipers,24192.html

Stroked383

Amateur Racer
Dec 28, 2005
St louis Mo
This weekend proved to be a battle with the brakes. I used my vacuum bleeder with the air compresser and started over again. This time the power master was on the car, and I bled almost a whole quart through the system. With the wilwood calipers on the car, the pedal was still very poor. I then switch to the STOCK calipers. This gave me much more pedal but very hard. I then went and put the manual master from NAPA on the car, and this is how it sits now. I have enough pedal to lock them up with no problem. I want to use the wilwood calipers but think I might have to use a bigger master. When I say no pedal, I mean NO pedal. It goes straight to the floor. The problem is fixed now, but would like to use the aftermarket calipers.
Thanks for reading,
Cory

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
Wield. I would never have thought the calipers would cause suche a problem...

Tommy

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!