pics of roll cage anchored to frame

1camaross

Dec 26, 2010
i am in the process of installing an 8 point roll cage and would like to see how you guys attached to the frame did you use the 6x6 steel square to the frame or just put the tube to the frame and how did you anchor the trunk bars thanks anything would be helpful i have searched alot and cant get and good pics

malibuj

Dragway Regular
May 6, 2007
Lancaster PA
1camaross said:
i am in the process of installing an 8 point roll cage and would like to see how you guys attached to the frame did you use the 6x6 steel square to the frame or just put the tube to the frame and how did you anchor the trunk bars thanks anything would be helpful i have searched alot and cant get and good pics

I cant find any good pics of my cage install...
As for the trunk bars, They were the only ones that I used the 6x6 plates....
Welded those plates right on top of the rear spring perch..(On the frame,,,NOT to the floor pan..)Then the trunk tubes to that....
But a cage can be done so many different ways... Guess its all in what will work best for your build... j/m 02

jmerc

Amateur Racer
Sep 23, 2009
staten island, ny
If its a full frame car like the Montys and other G-Bodys I believe it has to be welded to the frame to pass cert. I welded my rear bars right on top of the spring perches but believe if you welded a plate on top of the perch then welded the tube to the plate that would be acceptable however plates to the floor pan as opposed to cutting out the section of floor pan and welding directly to the frame is unacceptable. For certification purposes anyway. The welding of plates to the pan and bar to the plate is acceptable in unibody cars . Far as I know anyway.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts