Please leave you advice

cttandy

Pro Stocker
Mar 9, 2009
Springfield, Tn
Doober said:
Sweet 8) On eBay I've seen them from $10 to $30-$50 on average. Are they checking for all the other supporting pieces too?

Yes Sir, they are

Doober

Jun 2, 2003
Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com
I'm sure you're doing this as a budget build and won't spend near that much, but after the research I've done with tuning, looking at parts, etc, this seems like a pretty good price, includes everything for a drop-in setup besides fuel pump upgrade. People say TBI heads suck for power, finally found a place that's done a dyno to prove otherwise, and it's with a mild cam to boot 8)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/New-complete-GM-SBC-350-TBI-320hp-crate-motor-4-blt-mn-/230529412798?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item35ac9faebe

cttandy

Pro Stocker
Mar 9, 2009
Springfield, Tn
Doober said:
I'm sure you're doing this as a budget build and won't spend near that much, but after the research I've done with tuning, looking at parts, etc, this seems like a pretty good price, includes everything for a drop-in setup besides fuel pump upgrade. People say TBI heads suck for power, finally found a place that's done a dyno to prove otherwise, and it's with a mild cam to boot 8)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/New-complete-GM-SBC-350-TBI-320hp-crate-motor-4-blt-mn-/230529412798?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item35ac9faebe

Yeah, my buddy has a 383 stroker with stock TBI heads. It dyno'd around 500 ft lbs of tq. It is pretty stout. For $2,500, I am sure I could get his stroker from him if that is the route I wanted to take.

I think all said and done I am going to have about $500 in slapping this engine together and sticking it in the pickup. Can't complain really.

cttandy

Pro Stocker
Mar 9, 2009
Springfield, Tn
Doober said:
Info on 500lb.ft. TBI-headed 383??? :shock: I buy the cam yet, so I'm open to suggestions :twisted:

He hasn't found the cam specs, if you saw his shop you would understand. He does truck pulls and built the motor for grunt. HP and fuel mileage wasn't as much as a concern for him as was the torque.

He is now running a TBI 454, not for power but for the weight. He just couldn't get the power to the ground.

I don't know if I am still getting it or not, but I was supposed to be getting the cam and the roller lifters from that engine. Since I am getting the short block from him, I won't press my luck to much.

cttandy

Pro Stocker
Mar 9, 2009
Springfield, Tn
Well, we put the recipe together

The correct head casting number is 33417369, having them clean up, little valve work, "Z28" valve springs, comp cam 280H, 91 350 .060 4 bolt main, high rise intake, and 750 Edelbrock.

Should sound good, and run pretty good.

Heads will be back wednesday, as will the cam and double roller timing chain

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts