proper motor mount positions in frame holes?

NOT A TA

Frequent Racer
Nov 30, 2009
Delray Beach FL
I'm working on a 78 El Camino at the shop doing an engine bay makeover and fixing stuff that was rigged. Motor frame mounts that were in the car were in forward most holes and the clamshell on one side was bent. Holes in old clams were ovalized by whatever hack installed the engine. Have new frame mounts and a straight clams to replace bent one (believe they're car clams). The motor mount long bolts aren't lining up on both sides. Off by about an inch. Anyone with pics of SBC proper positioning of the frame mounts? They're stock type with rubber. thanks in advance

nillabu

Dragway Regular
May 16, 2008
St. Cloud, Minnesota
Re: proper motor mount oositions in frame holes?

Maybe these pictures will help ya out...

DCP_2779.jpg

DCP_2760.jpg

Steve

NOT A TA

Frequent Racer
Nov 30, 2009
Delray Beach FL
Re: proper motor mount oositions in frame holes?

Thanks Steve! That was perfect! Just what I needed to confirm my suspicion that the rubber inserts in the frame mounts was what were causing me grief. Got my trusty shoehorn out and fitted it in. Well, mounted clams loose, mounted frame mounts to clams, some wiggling and persuasion and lined up the frame mounts to the frame holes. Seems the reproduction parts house frame mount rubber sections aren't centered very well. Appreciate the pics!

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!