qp 9" shock mounting issues

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
slimbo5 said:
That will cause binding.

X2. You can't have the lower bolt on a perpendicular axis to the arc of the shock travel. I posted about that a LONG time ago. No one believed me then... :lol:

You'd think after all this time QP would correct their fixture...

Tommy

shvrolay

Dragway Regular
slimbo5 said:
Made them bro...very simple. One piece of aluminum then just mark it on the angle you want. Cut it in half and there are the two pieces for the one side.

Did you use aluminum bar (and drill it) or a heavy walled tubing?

Thanks.

slimbo

May 21, 2007
www.yellowbullet.com
aluminum bar

MY FYN 79

Frequent Racer
Oct 31, 2003
N/E WI
www.cardomain.com
I dont have any pictures handy, but I used 2 wedge washers to correct the angle. What does QP say when you ask them about this?

shvrolay

Dragway Regular
MY FYN 79 said:
I dont have any pictures handy, but I used 2 wedge washers to correct the angle. What does QP say when you ask them about this?

Where did you get "wedged washers"?

shvrolay

Dragway Regular
MY FYN 79 said:
Any big hardware store should have them. Heres an example in case any one isnt familiar with what I was talking about (the link is for a pack of 50 FYI)-

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001F67LXW/?tag=maliburacing-20

Perfect.....I just called a local FASTENAL - they have them in stock. Thanks MY FYN 79.

WEDGE%20SHAPED%20BEVEL%20WASHER.jpg

WEDGE SHAPED BEVEL WASHER or BEVEL EYES.
For use with eyebolts to correct taper when used on I-beams and other structural applications.
Beveled 2" in 12" which is standard for flanges of I-beams and channels.

MY FYN 79 said:
........................................................... What does QP say when you ask them about this?
From what I've read on this site............their response is: a sac scratch.

Last edited by a moderator:

MY FYN 79

Frequent Racer
Oct 31, 2003
N/E WI
www.cardomain.com
I bought my QP 9" second hand so I just dealt with the problem and didnt contact them.

It would be interesting to hear exactly what QP says. Do they deny the problem? Offer any solution at all?

SSedan64

Dragway Regular
Oct 5, 2009
MACON, GA.
Click on the Top Left "Female Unthreaded Round" Pic then Bottom Left "For Angled Surfaces" Pic.
http://www.mcmaster.com/#unthreaded-spacers/=c3k3va

shvrolay

Dragway Regular
Yeah ........that looks like it'd work also. I'll get some pictures posted of the beveled washers installed - just mocking them up they look like they'll work fine..........and they're cheap. Paid like .40 cents apiece for them (at an industrial supply house - Fastenal was not that cheap!!).

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts