Remote starter killer

WhiteTrash79MC

Dragway Regular
Aug 20, 2004
Reading, PA
So, since my roommate had his car stolen last week, which by the way is a POS 93 Saturn, and taken on a joy ride I want to put a simple remote starter killer on the MC.
I already have one of those remote fog/driving light remote relay things. The question I have is will the 30Amp relay it's equipped with be enough to handle the ignition and anybody know why it wouldn't work period.
I'm not looking for a complete alarm system BTW, just want a "stealth starter killer" and it's something I've already got lying around.

If you wire into the signal wire that goes to the starter you will be fine.
Another option would be the purple? wire that goes to the HEI,it would crank,draw attention but not start.

WhiteTrash79MC

Dragway Regular
Aug 20, 2004
Reading, PA
Hmm, purple wire you say? Can anybody confirm this. I kinda like the idea of the car just cranking over, rather than just killing the starter completely. It probably would draw some attention.

basketcase

MalibuRacing Junkie
Jul 9, 2003
Stockton, CA
www.jackstandracing.com
blue82bu said:
Hmm, purple wire you say? Can anybody confirm this. I kinda like the idea of the car just cranking over, rather than just killing the starter completely. It probably would draw some attention.

Do you have a 6AL? You can wire in a switch on one of those boxes to have it crank but not hit the coil.

78_Elky

Pro Stocker
Mar 9, 2005
Oregon
smlblk78.onlineshowoff.com
This a real neat idea, I just put a switch under my hood to kill my electric fuel pump so it would only start and then get as far as the gas in the carb would take it. I may want to add this kill switch so my car will be safer parked outside.
-Josh

Al

Pro Stocker
May 25, 2003
Harker Heights, TX
A friend of mine once wired in a tractor power switch. It's basically a remote battery shutoff like required for a quicker drag car, but with a key instead of the lever. It worked real well.

A

Anonymous

I can give you a whole bunch of different tricks, but writing them out in public view is kinda pointless, but I have no problem helping anyone out. just shoot me an email at [email protected]

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts