Road Race Coilovers?

Haytoes

Feb 20, 2006
Wadsworth, Il.
Need some help selecting front and rear coilovers for road race and street duty. Car has 17" wheels, LS1 engine, stock brakes for now. Looking for spring rates, coilover brands ect. Also does TRZ or someone make a set of control arms for lowered cars? I know the PA arms i had on my drag car were crap due to the car being slamed to the ground, all the ball joint angles were maxed and would bind. TIA!

CutlassRacer

MalibuRacing Junkie
Dec 18, 2004
Gainesville, FL
www.facebook.com
If you can get the height of your frame at the ride height that you want I think TRZ could build you something custom. I know they have tested out several different designs on Eric Kenward's Wagon, and even though it is a drag race car, the ride height that they setup his car at could be close to what you are needing.

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
Personally, I wouldn't worry about things like coilovers until you get real brakes on the car. Get decent shocks & bushings in the stock locations & put the extra money towards better brakes. All the "exotic" suspension stuff in the world won't help you scrub off enough speed to be competitive going into turn #1. Everyone will blow right by as you hit the brakes at the #5 marker...

Tommy

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts