Roll Cage Pictures

MonteMike79

Pro Stocker
Nov 7, 2003
Erie, PA
My buddy has an El camino with a cage in it and he did the bars out under the window. He didn't want to cut the glass or go to plexi either, so that's what he did, not legal but he's not worried about it. His name on here is theelcaminokid.

eldabo

Pro Stocker
Aug 10, 2006
Mobile,Alabama
Thanks did it stifen up the frame and give him a better launch/
Dave

10secBu

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 21, 2003
Westminster, MD
eldabo said:
Thanks did it stifen up the frame and give him a better launch/
Dave

To properly stiffen the frame the cage/bar attachment points need to be at the proper places. These would include tieing in the suspension mounting points as well as the upper coil spring/shock mount (rear) and forward bars to stiffen the front frame section. Lastly, added diagonals including door X-bars to make the cage as stiff as it "should" be.

I often see cars without the suspension and shock mounts properly tied into the cage and more often than not, these are cars that also don't work well on the track.

A

Anonymous

were about to start my 8 point cage , were do you suggest running the rear bars to? pics would be a great help if anybody has any

dgumoe

Amateur Racer
Apr 11, 2006
Smyrna, Georgia
check your rulebooks gentlemen. it clearly states in a full body car that if you are running 1 5/8" tubing for the rear downbars then they can be any length and must create a MINIMUM of a 30 degree angle from vertical. it doesnt matter whether it goes through the rear window or not. therefore if you can meet all the other requirements as far as main hoop height and the sidebar location and still maintain a 30 degree angle on the rear bars all is well. there's a link on mean street performance's website with an elcamino that has done just that. i do believe i will be doing the same with mine. p.s. sorry didnt mean to sound like a prick, its late and im half asleep.

wmskateteam

Amateur Racer
May 17, 2006
cent fl
has anyone kept the rear speakers in the car and ran the cage? I really need to cage the car, but I'd like to keep my speakers in the back, I have a monte not that it's much different, I'm all good with everything but the rear bars, I want to make the bars as inconspicuous as possible, kind of a sleeper car, any help appreciated thanks!

JRodS79

Pro Stocker
Nov 28, 2005
kansas city mo
sure except you would be running the bars where the back seat is. my back deck and interior is sheet metal thou

Lunchbox

Amateur Racer
Oct 2, 2006
Palm Beach, FL
wmskateteam said:
has anyone kept the rear speakers in the car and ran the cage? I really need to cage the car, but I'd like to keep my speakers in the back, I have a monte not that it's much different, I'm all good with everything but the rear bars, I want to make the bars as inconspicuous as possible, kind of a sleeper car, any help appreciated thanks!

dark tint

Horsepwraddict

Pro Stocker
Mar 3, 2007
Princeton MA
IMG_0107.jpg

IMG_0096.jpg

sorry they aren't good pics, i will snag more of the just the cage later...thos just happened to have it in them.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts