Roll Cage Pictures

Malibu Monte

Frequent Racer
What are the specs on needing a dash bar if so much of your firewall is modified? I have a heater delete plate and my chassis guy says because of that I need a dash bar. I really don't want one and I definitely don't want to cut my dash up. Are you guys with heater deletes getting by without a dash bar?

SP5031

Weekend Racer
Nov 30, 2008
Wentzville, MO
Making some progress on my cage. Lots of work to make it fit like I want, but so far pretty happy with it. Thanks to everyone on here, I think I have looked at the cage pics in this section a 1000 times

slimbo

May 21, 2007
www.yellowbullet.com
Nah thats all custom bent... heres some updated pics.

IMAG0061.jpg

IMAG0063.jpg

IMAG0062.jpg

IMAG0066-1.jpg

IMAG0065-4.jpg

NoMoore

Pro Stocker
May 26, 2006
Rochester, Pa
The ihra rulebook seems to call for the main hoop to be within 6" of the drivers helmet. A few of these do not look like that is the case. Thoughts?

buschmec

Amateur Racer
Jul 7, 2003
panama city florida
NoMoore said:
The ihra rulebook seems to call for the main hoop to be within 6" of the drivers helmet. A few of these do not look like that is the case. Thoughts?
roll bar=yes
roll cage=no
in a cage enviroment your protecting the entire compartment of the vehicle, the 6" rule assoc. with the roll bar is a game of angles to protect the driver from getting his melon crushed.......

sbcbird

Jun 16, 2013
I bought a 79 malibu and wonder about the roll bar setup. I have never seen the front and rear bars setup this way. Mostly wonder if the front one is "legal" or just better then nothing in this case.

Attachments

• cage.jpg
    cage.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 8,271
  • cage2.jpg
    cage2.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 8,277

buschmec

Amateur Racer
Jul 7, 2003
panama city florida
start over, dont know why they would do that but on a rollbar the door bar has to pass just below your shoulder. rear bars dont look like good placement either........you may be able to save the main hoop if its the correct size/thickness....

rwolf15241

Daily Driver
Feb 9, 2013
Pittsburgh, PA 15241
G Body Elcamino Roll cage

Looking to install a Jegs 6 point roll cage, to stiffen the frame.

1. Box & notch frame .
2. Front Roll Bars, Jegs Pro Touring follows seat height
3. Jegs Main Bar
4. Rear Bars mounting into the storage area.
5. Planning to weld 6 stubs off the frame to pass through the body and bolt to the roll cage.

What do you guys think???

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!