S10 Brake Upgrade - Documented

mean78malibu

Dragway Regular
Mar 15, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA and Philly Area
Glad this post is still helping a few people out. So far so good with this swap still, seems like very little rolling resistance too. I'm glad I used caliper paint on the rotors and brackets because everything still looks brand new and there is no rust at all.

The-ace:

Amateur Racer
May 25, 2012
Western,Ma
www.facebook.com
Do you know if there would be any issues using a manual setup with the s10 upgrade ?

andrewmrchevy

Daily Driver
Jan 6, 2011
Seoul, Korea
For all, check out Amazon.com for your hubs, many to choose from and great prices, free shipping over $25.00. Additionally you can contact Kore3 and order their kit and you can upgrade to 98-01 LS1 or Z06 Calipers using the C-5 PABs with the 98-02 S-10/S-15 spindles and then you can go to a 12.8" rotor (17" up required).
Kore3 can help you with all your parts to upgrade to LS1 or Vette Z06 Calipers. They even carry the calipers, PABs, their custom mounting bracket to the S-10/S-15 spindles. Email or call them, they will get you squared away fast and have project done right the first time. If anyone would like to see a how to video check out GTSdesigns for the LS1 and upgrade and 98-01 LS1 Rear disc brake upgrade.

Last edited by a moderator:

mean78malibu

Dragway Regular
Mar 15, 2008
andrewmrchevy said:
For all, check out Amazon.com for your hubs, many to choose from and great prices, free shipping over $25.00. Additionally you can contact Kore3 and order their kit and you can upgrade to 98-01 LS1 or Z06 Calipers using the C-5 PABs with the 98-02 S-10/S-15 spindles and then you can go to a 12.8" rotor (17" up required).
Kore3 can help you with all your parts to upgrade to LS1 or Vette Z06 Calipers. They even carry the calipers, PABs, their custom mounting bracket to the S-10/S-15 spindles. Email or call them, they will get you squared away fast and have project done right the first time. If anyone would like to see a how to video check out GTSdesigns for the LS1 and upgrade and 98-01 LS1 Rear disc brake upgrade.

Do you know what bracket on their site is the right one for the s10/s15 spindles? Thanks for the tips!

Last edited by a moderator:

81MSW79

Daily Driver
May 30, 2013
roselle park nj
for the curious minded the stock s10 spindles will give pretty much same ride height as the stock g body spindle. for lowering spindles belltech is your only source for s10 blazer drop spindles. 2" drop. down side is it widens your track width about 3/8" per side. you also need to do some slight trimming to the upper a-arms if running stock arms. directions and pics are on their site.

matty man

Dragway Regular
Jun 1, 2003
Grove City , Ohio
Mean78,, nice write up!! I plan on doing the s-10 fronts myself for myn 79 Malibu,, I need to look into the LS1 rear brakes more,,, Thanks,, Matty man

mean78malibu

Dragway Regular
Mar 15, 2008
Sorry Guys I haven't been on in awhile. I'm glad this is still helping people out since I'm still running the setup and it's working great. I'm glad I coated everything with caliper and chassis paint when I did it.

PM me if the pictures ever get messed up from photobucket and i'll put them back.

malibuguy

Top Fueler
Sep 29, 2003
Finksburg, Md
www.cardomain.com
Wow. I like this idea. Looks like a future project for me!

SEVNT 9

Dragway Regular
any idea if 15" IROC camaro rims will fit or do I have to change to 16" rims to clear the additional rotor/caliper diameter with this swap??

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!