slow launch coming from transmission?

willtow

Daily Driver
Jul 9, 2012
lilbowtie said:
Willtow
I have to agree wirh others that the glide isn't helping the 60 ft's. Your 210 runner heads aren't helping your bottom end either and if you have your power valve blocked you need to jet up to account for it.
On the other hand its a bracket car the soft bottom will keep you consistant and less prone to traction issues.

as i posted above ive swapped out the glide for th350 my converter is footbraking 2500rpms and flashing approx 3600 .......it helped my 60fts a little but still the same times the carb does have the power valve blocked and its been jetted up to compensate for it 77 jets all around. im thinking of making cam and carb change over the winter im running 1.6 ockers with valvetrain setup with 550 lift spring so with that said you do the math i can go to a .516 lift camshaft at most ive located a couple of cams im considering ones a .515/.515 .300/.300 duration the one im leaning to the most though is a .510/.507 with 296/305 duration ........also planning on have a custom e85 750cfm carb built by mark sullen or horsepower innovations...hope these upgrades liven it up im thinking the bigger cam will help out with the large intake runners

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts