Slow 2nd to 3rd shift TH350

Gointaraceit

Daily Driver
Jan 5, 2009
Northern Michigan
After a lot of first time racer things this year the car is running pretty good but... It leaves hard, shifts 1st to second firm when I shift it. When I shift to 3rd @ about 6200 it just kind of lags until about 6600 before it shifts and it's kind of soft. It feels like it doesn't pull hard the rest of the way out through the lights. My freinds are seing the same thing. The trans is a used B&M street strip th350 with a converter that came with it , stalls about 2500. Fluid looks good, Kick down disconnected. Anything I can look at or do think its toast.

8secChevy

Amateur Racer
Jun 28, 2008
Williamstown, NJ
3rd gear clutches are probably toast. Might be time for a rebuild and some kevlar plates.

A

Anonymous

If the fluid isn't burnt or doesn't smell burnt, it's not the clutchs and steels.

You say when you shift it, what happens if you just run it in drive (when/how does it shift)?

Do you have the vacuum modulator hooked up?

DOUG213XRJ

MalibuRacing Junkie
Sep 18, 2006
West, MI
Mine TH350 had a soft shift into drive and it turned out to be bad seals. Time for a rebuild.

327mali

Amateur Racer
Aug 8, 2009
ocean county,new jersey
pull the vacume line off the carb and plug the carb side, then disconect the kickdown cable. take it for a run and see if it fixes the problem. youll only be able to manualy shift the trans.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts