T5 shifter

A

Anonymous

i picked up a hurst comp plus shifter today for $50. its for a ford T5. how do i make it work for a chevy T5? i heard there was a way to make it work. any help would be good, thanks

Doober

Jun 2, 2003
Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com
I believe you just bolt it on. I don't think there are really any differences where the shifter's concerned, just where it locates the shifter ball.

A

Anonymous

Chevy and Ford T5s have different bolt patterns on the shifter. Additionally the chevy stick is angled to compensate for the 17* bellhousing, the Ford is straight up on both the bell and the stick.

Toner283

Amateur Racer
Aug 23, 2008
Arthur, Ontario, Canada
Doober said:
Thanks for the correction :oops:

What about the later S10 T5s with the Ford bellhousing bolt pattern?

Not even worth putting behind a V8 unless you like replacing transmissions on a regular basis. Stick with a V8 (preferably a world class) trans or don't waste the effort.

Toner283

Amateur Racer
Aug 23, 2008
Arthur, Ontario, Canada
the shifter bolt pattern is the same as the V8 trans. you can use the tailstock & top plate (with shifter rod) from the S10 on a V8 trans case & gears to move the shifter up farther in the car. The Camaro shifter is at the very end of the tailstock & the S10 shifter comes out 8-10 inches farther forward.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!