Teach me 12inch brakes

Scoti

Amateur Racer
Jan 15, 2005
Dallas Tx
We've met several times actually, each time I was usually w/my good friend Matt. We talked w/you @ Waco that first year after you got the LT1 swapped in. Then I saw the car again @ the Houston Autorama. I was hanging around checking it out & called Matt to let him know how much progress you had made. While standing there, you came by to dust the car off so we BS'd for a minute or 2 before moving on.

We met again @ Dust-Off a couple of years ago & you mostly talked w/Matt comparing ideas. We went to the show w/my friends from a local shop. I don't remember if they brought the green/white Buick or the off-white Cutlass (both early 60's cars w/AirRide & 18" Vintecs), but the car wasn't mine. I do remember you mentioned that one of my friends from the shop was kind of an *ss when you inquired about the car :lol: .
We spoke briefly again when PowerTour arrived in Arlington. We even watched while CHP was doing the magazine shoot in the parking lot. That edition is in my 'must save' stack & I use it as motivation to get mine put together. The car I have now is the one that my buddy Matt was always discussing w/you.

I would put up some pics but they're only on my drive & not stored on the web. I need to try & transfer them to an imagestation account I opened a long time ago & try to post them. I can e-mail you some.

malibu9in

Pro Stocker
May 30, 2003
college station texas
im such a dummy!!!!! im soooo sorryyy!!! now i know excatly who you are. It sure is good to talk to you again! yea that guy was kinda unfriendly especially for a texan! even Texans have bad days i guess. I havent been to any shows lately. Will do a few next year. This go around its gonna be more a driver...it always was but not be so dang worried about bugs and rock chips. I bet we killed a 18 pk or so doing that chp feature. I offered those guys a couple and before we know it they we hammered! He even dropped the camara during the shoot. I had your email on my old computer but didnt save anything. :cry: get those pics together...what you gonna run for wheels? you better not make your own lol!

Scoti

Amateur Racer
Jan 15, 2005
Dallas Tx
I'm using some TT2's I already have. I've used these wheels on my 67swb truck, then they were on my 68swb for the 01 Power Tour (I only did part of the tour), now they're on my 74swb driver.

The wheels are car pattern but I have some re-drilled truck rotors that I've just swapped from truck to truck. They're 18x8's & 20x10's & on the Bu I'll be using 245-40 & 295-40 Dunlop SP9000's. The wheels are currently polished (errr, they're dirty now but they're supposed to be polished). We're going to go retro on them w/painted, cast appearing centers.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts