Teach me 12inch brakes

Duts87ss

Amateur Racer
Apr 8, 2005
Ocean Springs, MS
Re: Bump

Scoti said:

If you look at the first page, I gave the email address of the guy that makes the LS1 brake kits for G-bodies. Email him and he can give you a parts list and price guide of whats in the kit.

Scoti

Amateur Racer
Jan 15, 2005
Dallas Tx
Re: Bump

Duts87ss said:
Scoti said:

If you look at the first page, I gave the email address of the guy that makes the LS1 brake kits for G-bodies. Email him and he can give you a parts list and price guide of whats in the kit.

I saw the e-mail addy but I was hoping to get educated on the swap before contacting someone about obtaining parts. I'll try contacting him.
Thanks.

Scoti

Amateur Racer
Jan 15, 2005
Dallas Tx
Update . . ....

I was concerned about LS1/C5 caliper clearance using TT2's so I pulled the wheels off of our 02 Trans Am & installed my TT2's. The front 18x8's cleared the LS1 calipers by about 7/16".

That being said, how much bigger (wider) are the C5 calipers?

Also, is there a commercially available adapter bracket for converting to the LS1/C5 parts? I was given the contact info for an individual but he has not returned my e-mail inquiries.

I could make adapter brackets but I wouldn't be confident they were 100% accurate as far as dimensions for properly locating the caliper vs. the rotor. This is one area to not be guessing IMO.

Duts87ss

Amateur Racer
Apr 8, 2005
Ocean Springs, MS
I've heard the TT IIs have trouble fitting the bigger calipers.

Seems like a lot of people are having trouble getting feedback from Ed lately. He does the brake kits on the side of his normal job; so, I'm sure he can get backed up and busy sometimes. It took him longer than expected to get mine done, but I wasnt in a super rush. If you're not in a big hurry to get the brakes done, I'd wait on Ed to reply; he builds and mocks up each kit individually so that he knows everything fits before it's sent out.

If you are in a big hurry, there are people who sell just the brackets. I know you can do a search on montecarloss.com and find them.

Scoti

Amateur Racer
Jan 15, 2005
Dallas Tx
I'm not in a real hurry.... but I would appreciate knowing he @ least received my information request but is just busy.

I sent another e-mail request just before responding here. Maybe I'll hear from him this time. In the meantime, the brackets I found when searching MCSS were for 'B' spindle conversions.

Do you have a specific link for 'G' spindle conversion brackets?

Thanks for your assistance w/this.

Duts87ss

Amateur Racer
Apr 8, 2005
Ocean Springs, MS
Try this link:
http://www.montecarloss.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=18;t=002605#000012

Should be the first post on the screen (posted by GNVAIR). I didn't check out the info in the link he posted (I probably did a while back but have forgotten), but it should give you enough info to get what you need.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts