thinking about a 5.3 swap in my cutlass

stang3191

Amateur Racer
Sep 27, 2010
rock island il
i found a 05 5.3 at the junkyard for 600 with everything but im not going to use the computer if i get it im going to stick with a carb setup.ive been doing alot of re search and i have a couple questions?

i know alot of people fab there own motor mounts can i buy 5.3 motor mounts for my 86 cutlass?

will my turbo 350 work?what do i need to make it work someone said i need a new torque coverter?

thanks

stang3191

Amateur Racer
Sep 27, 2010
rock island il
ok well ive been doing alot of research but i found what will work for my trans from tci

http://www.speedwaymotors.com/LS1-Engine-to-GM-Auto-Transmission-Adapter,8701.html

still looking for some motor mounts

Cain

Weekend Racer
Jul 19, 2005
Raytown, Missouri
Spohn makes some. Just drill a couple holes in the frame. they use the stock f body clamshells they work great. what i used on my swap.

stang3191

Amateur Racer
Sep 27, 2010
rock island il
Last edited by a moderator:

Cain

Weekend Racer
Jul 19, 2005
Raytown, Missouri
used e-bay f body long tubes (had to mod them to fit) with home made y pipe into single 3" with a dynomay ulta flow first. sounded great. Now have hooker super comp shortys for ground clearance. with home made y pipe and hooker grand national 2.5 cat back system with dynomax race cannons, sound even better but louder. but motors not stock, 6.0 ported heads and throtle body, tbss ho intake, cold air intake, tune, milled heads .035, comp 212/218 .556 .563 cam. good exhaust. dont know how to post pics but if you pm your number i can send pics that way.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts