Trailing arms for a road car?

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
shotgun said:
If you access to or can weld, boxing the stock lowers is the best bang for the buck.

Add poly bushings and 95% of wheel hop goes away and the car handles "better".

The wheel hop goes away because the poly bushings bind up the rear suspension. It can't articulate. As for improving handling, a rear suspension that can't move well & follow the road can't possibly turn faster lap times...

AFAIC, poly has no business in a suspension except on A-arms or anti sway bar mounts. 99% of all vehicle manufacturers agree...

Tommy

melloelky

Top Fueler
Jul 1, 2009
mass
LS6 Tommy said:
shotgun said:
If you access to or can weld, boxing the stock lowers is the best bang for the buck.

Add poly bushings and 95% of wheel hop goes away and the car handles "better".

The wheel hop goes away because the poly bushings bind up the rear suspension. It can't articulate. As for improving handling, a rear suspension that can't move well & follow the road can't possibly turn faster lap times...

AFAIC, poly has no business in a suspension except on A-arms or anti sway bar mounts. 99% of all vehicle manufacturers agree...

Tommy
you said it brother!!

Doober

Jun 2, 2003
Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com
I had poly bushings in the arms of the '88 pickup I had (lowered, aftermarket arms) and it squeaked like crazy. I don't remember how often I greased them, but they always squeaked.

Norm Peterson

Amateur Racer
Oct 18, 2003
state of confusion
As you have discovered, greasing poly is at best a temporary "fix". You'd have much better luck making sure that the poly pucks are a tiny bit shorter than the inner sleeves that go through them. Tiny, as in no more than 1/32" and preferably less.

Norm

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts