Upper A arms...

El Corvino

Pro Stocker
Dec 15, 2007
South Florida
Am I better off buying those fully adjustable control arms or a set of tubular A arms from UMI to replace my stock?

They will be paired with the beltech 2" drop spindles. The UMI are 300$ and come with bump stops and stock geometry... the adjustable control arms do not have bump stops - are they really necessary? Please offer some guidance.

The A arms will be adjusted one time and left alone, the car has some good power but will be mostly a cruiser.

elcamino814

Amateur Racer
Nov 21, 2009
Beecher,illinois
i have the speedway upper arms and they work great and dont break the bank. if you get them get two right sides b/c the left one is longer for circle track. the arms dont come with bump stops but i havent had any problems without them. look into them.

El Corvino

Pro Stocker
Dec 15, 2007
South Florida
The price looks good... just want to keep the correct geometry. I'm scared with the drop spindles, if I buy those A arms, they will grind on my powder coated frame if I jack the car up.

elcamino814

Amateur Racer
Nov 21, 2009
Beecher,illinois
the ones w/o the bump stops will hit ur frame but some ppl have bought the speed way a arms and made their own bumpstops. never had any experience with adjustible ones

Tony_SS

MalibuRacing Junkie
Apr 21, 2004
Washington, MO
www.mac-ink.com
El Corvino said:
So you guys don't find the bump stops that necessary and think the adjustable A arms are good? They are cheaper...

AFAIK the adj SPC arms dont require the bumpstops. If you want the full benefit run the tall ball joints with them. Then you'll be able to really improve the geometry. Its a big difference. Call Marcus at SC&C, he'll walk you through it.

I run a Stage I kit with is the SPC arms and tall upper ball joint. Best mod Ive done next to the LS1 brakes.

El Corvino

Pro Stocker
Dec 15, 2007
South Florida
Dude... I can't even pretend like I understand what that means. AFAIK sells adjustable upper A arms? So call SC&C and tell them I want a set of these with tall ball joints?

This will work with my 2" drop spindles?

alowerlevel

Frequent Racer
May 30, 2008
South Jersey 08109
AFAIK = As Far As I Know

Tony_SS

MalibuRacing Junkie
Apr 21, 2004
Washington, MO
www.mac-ink.com
El Corvino said:
Dude... I can't even pretend like I understand what that means. AFAIK sells adjustable upper A arms? So call SC&C and tell them I want a set of these with tall ball joints?

This will work with my 2" drop spindles?

You need to decide if you want tubular arms just for show, or if you want to improve your handling. If you just want something that looks cool, go for the tubular arms. If you want better performance, call Marcus at SC&C and look into the Stage I or II kit:

http://www.scandc.com/suspensions.htm

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts