Viking double adjustable

sammy

Frequent Racer
Jul 8, 2003
Columbia, MO
I have a set that came with my malibu when I bought it back, they are brand new but I was told that they would not be what I want to use for my car, mostly street with a few trips to the strip per year. Thoughts? Not sure if I should sell them or if the info I was given was incorrect.

melloelky

Top Fueler
Jul 1, 2009
mass
I have a set that came with my malibu when I bought it back, they are brand new but I was told that they would not be what I want to use for my car, mostly street with a few trips to the strip per year. Thoughts? Not sure if I should sell them or if the info I was given was incorrect.
the nice thing about coil overs is you can dial in the height easier than conventional methods.you can put different rate springs in for different applications. being double's they take some time to find what kinda ride you prefer.this means under the car making adjustments driving some more etc etc.in the front they can be a pain to adjust.personally i think (and this is just me)front coil overs don't ride very well compared to a taller,wider,conventionality placed front spring.again that's just me.

Reactions: sammy

sammy

Frequent Racer
Jul 8, 2003
Columbia, MO
the nice thing about coil overs is you can dial in the height easier than conventional methods.you can put different rate springs in for different applications. being double's they take some time to find what kinda ride you prefer.this means under the car making adjustments driving some more etc etc.in the front they can be a pain to adjust.personally i think (and this is just me)front coil overs don't ride very well compared to a taller,wider,conventionality placed front spring.again that's just me.
Do you think they are able to be run without issue on a car that sees mostly street? The reason I ask is I was told that they are not to be used on the street much. I personally think that is a load of crap but don't want to waste a grand in coil overs.

melloelky

Top Fueler
Jul 1, 2009
mass
Do you think they are able to be run without issue on a car that sees mostly street? The reason I ask is I was told that they are not to be used on the street much. I personally think that is a load of crap but don't want to waste a grand in coil overs.
Oh yes they can definitely be run on the street without an issue, Like I said before I just don't care for them in general. by all means this is just my opinion. highliner's rite there's lots of folks running around on street duty with them without issue.

sammy

Frequent Racer
Jul 8, 2003
Columbia, MO
Oh yes they can definitely be run on the street without an issue, Like I said before I just don't care for them in general. by all means this is just my opinion. highliner's rite there's lots of folks running around on street duty with them without issue.
Thanks for the follow up, really appreciate it.

sammy

Frequent Racer
Jul 8, 2003
Columbia, MO

sammy

Frequent Racer
Jul 8, 2003
Columbia, MO
if you want to sell them I would be interested
I am pretty sure that is the direction I will be going. If you are seriously interested let me know.

r_d_3

Amateur Racer
Feb 25, 2020
New Jersey
I am pretty sure that is the direction I will be going. If you are seriously interested let me know.
I was getting ready to order from trick chassis this week actually haha, pm me the info on them maybe we can work something out

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!