want to start running nitrous...

Elky

Frequent Racer
May 21, 2003
Manitoba, Canada
This year like the past few years I really want to put nitrous in my car. BUT this year I am actually going to do it. However don't know a whole bunch about it. I'm just kinda looking to get information about what I need to have to run it(ex. electric fuel pump. etc), where is a place to get it from cheap? What would be a safe hp shot to run etc. Anything you guys can think of. Thanks for you time!
Chris

GreenDragginBu

MalibuRacing Junkie
Jul 10, 2003
N.E. Ohio
Well...Give us a little info on your current setup...engine,rear...piston type...and Goal.

Elky

Frequent Racer
May 21, 2003
Manitoba, Canada
I got a 350 30 over. edelbrock performer intake, edelbrock 600(or 650) carb. Flat top pistons. RV cam. heads off of a 305(can't recall what they are)
A th350 trans with a 2600 stall. Richmond 4.10 gears in the back in the factory 7.5"
anything else?

Excelerater

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 22, 2003
Memphis,TN
hit up babybottlebu...
He sells cold fusion,a simple plate system will work for u
as long as your rear end hangs out

CutlassRacer

MalibuRacing Junkie
Dec 18, 2004
Gainesville, FL
www.facebook.com
A little Edelbrock or NOS plate kit would be perfect for you. If you are interested in one of those, send me a PM and I can get you some pricing.

GreenDragginBu

MalibuRacing Junkie
Jul 10, 2003
N.E. Ohio
Elky said:
say I run a plate style kit... Can you 'hit' the nitrous twice on one run?

If you let off then hit it again. If your speaking of a dual stage where you hit it at launch, then another hit on top of that one. then yes they sell dual stage plate systems.

Elky

Frequent Racer
May 21, 2003
Manitoba, Canada
What exactly do you mean by letting off and hitting it again. With a single stage system you can't say in first gear hit the nitrous, and maybe then in second gear hit it again? I'm just not sure how exactly these 'stages' things would. Could you maybe try and explain that a bit to me. Thanks!

GreenDragginBu

MalibuRacing Junkie
Jul 10, 2003
N.E. Ohio
Ok by asking can you hit it twice in one run, are you asking can you have two buttons?? or are you asking can you let off the button then hit the button again?

with a regular single stage plate system, you either have a button or a microswitch on your throttle(to engage at wide open throttle). with the system armed and you launch on your run you either hit the button, or the microswitch activates off your throttle on carb. and it is one single stage of constant nitrous the entire run.. so if it is a 125hp kit you have a 125 from the time you hit the button or microswitch till you let off.

with a dual stage system, you have 2 fuel solenoids and 2 nos solenoids. that way you can run either two buttons or a button and a microswitch on the carb throttle linkage. you hit the first button and say it gives you a 75hp hit then a little ways down track you hit the other button and it adds another 125...for a total of 200HP shot. it is mainly used when you want to run a big shot but traction wont allow you to use it all at once.

But they also make progressive timers to slowly ramp up the nitrous flow on a single stage kit. But thats a whole nother book..

Elky

Frequent Racer
May 21, 2003
Manitoba, Canada
Ya I was meaning on a 'single' stage system if you have 1 button, and you push it, say shift gears and push it again.

Or can you put your trans in drive and push the button the whole run? or wait till you hit second gear?

Sorry about this, like I said though... I'm new to this nitrous stuff.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts