want to start running nitrous...

GreenDragginBu

MalibuRacing Junkie
Jul 10, 2003
N.E. Ohio
Elky said:
Ya I was meaning on a 'single' stage system if you have 1 button, and you push it, say shift gears and push it again.

Or can you put your trans in drive and push the button the whole run? or wait till you hit second gear?

Sorry about this, like I said though... I'm new to this nitrous stuff.

With a single stage you just use it at launch or right after...usually above 2500rpm. if you run a automatic you can hold it down the whole time, after you takeoff. and you can manually shift the automatic trans while using the nitrous. the only time i would suggest to let off to shift, is if you are running a manual transmission.

10secBu

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 21, 2003
Westminster, MD
Elky said:
Ya I was meaning on a 'single' stage system if you have 1 button, and you push it, say shift gears and push it again.

Or can you put your trans in drive and push the button the whole run? or wait till you hit second gear?

Sorry about this, like I said though... I'm new to this nitrous stuff.

Throttle activated switch, the nitrous stays on the entire run till you lift at the finish line.

Elky

Frequent Racer
May 21, 2003
Manitoba, Canada
with a Throttle activated switch would that be a good thing say if you had a 150 or 200 hp shot when launching at the line... I would think that might make for some severe traction loss. Or with slicks it would be fine?

GreenDragginBu

MalibuRacing Junkie
Jul 10, 2003
N.E. Ohio
It would make for a fun ride... :lol:

Honestly with slicks you should hook,But to many variables involved...suspension setup, track prep.....will the rear end go BOOM!

GreenDragginBu

MalibuRacing Junkie
Jul 10, 2003
N.E. Ohio
NOS Pressure, Fuel Pressure

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts