What did U do to your G-body today??

HOLY TERROR-BU

Top Fueler
Sep 14, 2010
WATERBURY, CT
Wicked 6 said:
got the malibu running today...got to work on an exhaust leak and tighten up a few things...should be driving it by the weekend.

I BET IT'S BEEN A LONG TIME COMING! I KNOW IT FELT GOOD TO DRIVE THE BU!!!

HOLY TERROR-BU

Top Fueler
Sep 14, 2010
WATERBURY, CT
SO...I FINALLY GOT TO DRIVE THE BU, AFTER IT'S BEEN SITTING ON A LIFT FOR OVER A MONTH! MAN, DID IT FEEL SO GOOD! WAS THE HAPPIEST I'VE BEEN, IN A WHILE...EVEN MORE THAN WHEN THE FRAME WAS COMPLETED!! I REPAIRED THE FRAME AND INSTALLED NEW BODY MOUNT BUSHINGS. OH BOY, DID THE BU RUN LIKE A DREAM!!!
OF COURSE, THINGS CANT STAY GOOD! I ENDED UP SLASHING THE PASSENGER REAR TIRE ON THE SIDE OF A LIFT...JUST AS I WAS PARKING THE BU!! I AM PISSED! CANT BE CHEAP TIRES..NO....GOTTA SLAP ME BACK DOWN A COUPLE NOTCHES! FOR THE RECORD....THE TIRE IS COOPER COBRA! GO TO TOWNFAIR....ITS GONNA COST $161.63 FOR A REPLACEMENT!! NOW...I GOTTA BUY A NEW TIRE CUZ I CANT RUN MISMATCHED TIRES.
THATS WHAT I HAD TO DEAL WITH TODAY WITH THE BU! GUESS THERE'S ALWAYS THE BAD, WITH SOME GOOD!!

malibujackson

Frequent Racer
Jan 31, 2008
middleton,ma
After three years of just racing and wrenching on the bu I finally got it insured and hopefully
Tomorrow I will have a nice set of plates for it. Hope to make it to the cruisin at the mall Wednesday night.

95cardinal

Daily Driver
Aug 18, 2011
SE Michigan
Started painting interior trim panels. Love these southern cars (this one came from AZ), but the interiors sure take a beating!

I'm trying an experiment on this one. I've used SEM dye/paint before, with great success. But it's so expensive, I thought I'd try a different approach.

I cleaned the tailgate trim panel, then sprayed it with adhesion promoter. Next is a high-quality latex satin (brushed on), then a matte clear for additional durability. If it works, it will have cost less than half of what the SEM dye would have cost.

"Work in Process" picture attached...
It shows the upper edge of the panel. New coating is to the left. You can see how perfectly the color matches the original panel color by comparing the painted section to the back side of the panel in the lower area of the photo. So far, so good...

Attachments

• Tailgate panel - partially painted small.jpg
    Tailgate panel - partially painted small.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 889

Wicked 6

Dragway Regular
Feb 8, 2006
Ansonia, CT
MUSCLEALMIGHTY said:
Wicked 6 said:
got the malibu running today...got to work on an exhaust leak and tighten up a few things...should be driving it by the weekend.

I BET IT'S BEEN A LONG TIME COMING! I KNOW IT FELT GOOD TO DRIVE THE BU!!!

It sure felt good to drive it...first time since I bought it a year and a half ago...not my first Malibu but the first ride is always the best.

HOLY TERROR-BU

Top Fueler
Sep 14, 2010
WATERBURY, CT
I FINALLY DROVE THE BU HOME TODAY! GOT A MICHELAN (SAME SIZE TIRE) TO RUN ON THE CAR, TILL THE COOPER COBRA REPLACEMENT COMES IN! MAN...IT FELT SO GOOD!!!!

Wicked 6

Dragway Regular
Feb 8, 2006
Ansonia, CT
took it out to get some gas...on the way back smoke started coming out from under the hood...pop it open and the damn pass side valve cover is leaking again...had oil dripping all the way down to the starter and oil pan.

Scorps

MalibuRacing Junkie
Sep 29, 2007
Kingston, Ontario
MUSCLEALMIGHTY said:
SO...I FINALLY GOT TO DRIVE THE BU, AFTER IT'S BEEN SITTING ON A LIFT FOR OVER A MONTH! MAN, DID IT FEEL SO GOOD! WAS THE HAPPIEST I'VE BEEN, IN A WHILE...EVEN MORE THAN WHEN THE FRAME WAS COMPLETED!! I REPAIRED THE FRAME AND INSTALLED NEW BODY MOUNT BUSHINGS. OH BOY, DID THE BU RUN LIKE A DREAM!!!
OF COURSE, THINGS CANT STAY GOOD! I ENDED UP SLASHING THE PASSENGER REAR TIRE ON THE SIDE OF A LIFT...JUST AS I WAS PARKING THE BU!! I AM ######! CANT BE CHEAP TIRES..NO....GOTTA SLAP ME BACK DOWN A COUPLE NOTCHES! FOR THE RECORD....THE TIRE IS COOPER COBRA! GO TO TOWNFAIR....ITS GONNA COST $161.63 FOR A REPLACEMENT!! NOW...I GOTTA BUY A NEW TIRE CUZ I CANT RUN MISMATCHED TIRES.
THATS WHAT I HAD TO DEAL WITH TODAY WITH THE BU! GUESS THERE'S ALWAYS THE BAD, WITH SOME GOOD!!

Mines been parked sense November 09', when I have to use the garage for something else its a tease having to back the bu out. My rear tires cost 300 a piece and I need new ones.

Goonbody

Amateur Racer
May 30, 2010
South St. Paul, MN
Finally got my 3rd Gen Camaro steering gear installed. I really like the quick ratio steering. It also helps that my original gear in the car was shot.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts