What did U do to your G-body today??

MISFITmalibu63

MalibuRacing Junkie
Feb 21, 2004
The Sticks... Tewksbury MA
Went to the Amherst flea market in NH yesterday, ran into melloelky, and also Killermalibu. Bought a new carb for the wagon, and a set of lower control arms with poly bushings already installed. Same guy also had a set of upper a arms. Got tons of looks driving around in the wagon. Got home, changed the oil in the 2 door then pissed off the neighbors!

bigbadbu

Pro Stocker
May 5, 2008
East Hartford
www.facebook.com
getting the big block to tdc today dropping the ignition in getting some oil in her and waiting for the trans mount and hopefully doing a rough measurement for the driveshaft maybe ill push it out in the sun and take pics

lasttime78

Frequent Racer
Mar 7, 2011
Just outside Rochester, New York
Went ahead and painted up some new valve covers to match the Malibu's paint job. What ya think?

Attachments

• valve covers.jpg
    valve covers.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 955
  • valve covers 2.jpg
    valve covers 2.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 956

lasttime78

Frequent Racer
Mar 7, 2011
Just outside Rochester, New York
Cut up the heater box and made up a fab piece to go in . That way still could keep the heat fully functionabl and run tall valve cover to cover the new rockers (not yet put on) These are very easy to put in and the cutting of the fiberglass box was easy as well with my dremel max. Worked out great, thinking about making some of these to see if anyone else might be interested in keeping heat and defrost.

Attachments

• 0502121134.jpg
    0502121134.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 943
  • 0502121332.jpg
    0502121332.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 945
  • 0502121647a.jpg
    0502121647a.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 944

MISFITmalibu63

MalibuRacing Junkie
Feb 21, 2004
lasttime78 said:
Cut up the heater box and made up a fab piece to go in . That way still could keep the heat fully functionabl and run tall valve cover to cover the new rockers (not yet put on) These are very easy to put in and the cutting of the fiberglass box was easy as well with my dremel max. Worked out great, thinking about making some of these to see if anyone else might be interested in keeping heat and defrost.

i'll take one! ya know... just in case i decide to toss a big block in the wagon :twisted:

also, i painted the last 2 braces to go under the hood. gotta grab some clips and screws to mount them

melloelky

Top Fueler
Jul 1, 2009
mass
MISFITmalibu63 said:
lasttime78 said:

i'll take one! ya know... just in case i decide to toss a big block in the wagon :twisted:

also, i painted the last 2 braces to go under the hood. gotta grab some clips and screws to mount them
do the shorter braces go under the longer ones?i'm not sure how it works.

MISFITmalibu63

MalibuRacing Junkie
Feb 21, 2004
They aren't designed to work together. I had to bend them a little, but I got them to work. I'll post pics later

melloelky

Top Fueler
Jul 1, 2009
mass
MISFITmalibu63 said:
They aren't designed to work together. I had to bend them a little, but I got them to work. I'll post pics later
sweet thanks

Chevy79bu

Amateur Racer
Mar 23, 2012
Peoria, Illinois
Went down to Rt.66 for some T&T got in 7 passes before the kids and wife got tired...trailerd it and took her home nothing broak so was good day! :D

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts