What did U do to your G-body today??

rsh4364

Dragway Regular
Aug 12, 2011
greensprings,ohio
Got my B&M 3qt. deep pan installed today to try and combat heat generated by a 3600 stall T/C in a street mostly Malibu,runs much cooler but hangs lower than my collectors and 7qt oil pan,launches beautiful but its killing my 10-12 mpg,gonna drive to work Tues.80 mile round trip,see how she does,might step back to a 3000 stall..

HOLY TERROR-BU

Top Fueler
Sep 14, 2010
WATERBURY, CT
MASHED ON THE GAS....THEN HEARD THAT DREADED "POP" SOUND, FROM UNDER THE DASH! IT WAS THE THROTTLE CABLE!! LUCKILY, I WAS ABLE TO SWING OFF TO A SIDE ROAD, WITH THE POWER I HAD LEFT. RIGGED IT UP USING A METAL COAT HANGER AND GOT THE BU HOME.
MEETING UP WITH GBOZ LATER, TO GET WHAT I NEED FOR THE BU!!

phtmbu

Frequent Racer
Jul 24, 2010
Worked on the back of the car ,wheel well area, so I could put my wheels and slicks on and set it on the ground,it has been up on stands almost a year. dancin_banana.gif

nillabu

Dragway Regular
May 16, 2008
St. Cloud, Minnesota
HOLY TERROR-BU said:
MASHED ON THE GAS....THEN HEARD THAT DREADED "POP" SOUND, FROM UNDER THE DASH! IT WAS THE THROTTLE CABLE!! LUCKILY, I WAS ABLE TO SWING OFF TO A SIDE ROAD, WITH THE POWER I HAD LEFT. RIGGED IT UP USING A METAL COAT HANGER AND GOT THE BU HOME.

Same thing happened to me several weeks ago at a car show. Steel shot at the end of the cable pulled through the plastic retainer inside. Was 100 degrees that day so maybe the plastic softened up some. Hope the trans TV valve didn't stick. Rigged it up and got it home okay. Put a split washer behind the steel shot. Been okay since. Ordered a backup cable in case it happens again.

Bar50

Pro Stocker
Jan 31, 2009
Tulsa, OK
CAUTION PIC HEAVY!!!!

Been a while, I have been tinkering with the orange car I slapped together...drag strip results 13.0 then a 12.80 then an 11.47 with "hey, that thing needs a roll bar"

So, the beater orange car went from this, save it from the crusher:

To a more presentable version, I think:

Sorry, I'll take some more recent motor pics, I went to CVF Racing deep groove v-belt pulleys and a big aluminum radiator with Intrepid fans. I also went to a CS130 style alternator.

I bought a blue Malibu a while back that had a roll bar, sort of, it looks like one....more on that later.

I dropped my 477/TH400 in place. I set off the front clip as it was only held on by two fender bolts. I put on an S10 manual box. This is the alternator bracket that I have had good luck with. The Jeep shaft is there, its not in place as I have been having a trial and error session with every set of BBC headers I can get my hands on. On that note, WOW, more of them fit than I would have guessed. I sprung for a new set of the 2455 Hooker BBC 70-81 Camaro headers, the fit really well, rubbing the lower control arm mounts. Two more sets of smaller tube Camaro and a set of Chevelle headers, same deal. When I say rubs, like they went right in, they fit as good as the 2441 slip tub headers.... I will take some pics. The biggest headache with any of them was the header flanges hitting the ARP head bolts!?!

Here is the blue car:

and the parts it came with....

The cage is welded to fish plates (sort of) in some spots the frame in at least one...so, toy for now...maybe have a hull car to became the one with a cage and frame notch. Never enough time!!?!

HOLY TERROR-BU

Top Fueler
Sep 14, 2010
WATERBURY, CT
nillabu said:
HOLY TERROR-BU said:

Same thing happened to me several weeks ago at a car show. Steel shot at the end of the cable pulled through the plastic retainer inside. Was 100 degrees that day so maybe the plastic softened up some. Hope the trans TV valve didn't stick. Rigged it up and got it home okay. Put a split washer behind the steel shot. Been okay since. Ordered a backup cable in case it happens again.

YEAH, IT SUCKS! LUCKILY, WE CAN KEEP THESE CARS ON THE ROAD WITH BAND-AIDS...TILL IT GETS TO WHERE IT'S GOTTA GO, TO GET FIXED!! CAN'T SAY THE SAME FOR THESE NEWER CARS WITH THEIR DAMN COMPUTERS!
I WILL BE GETTING EXTRA CABLES AS WELL. GOOD LUVK WITH YOURS!!!

HOLY TERROR-BU

Top Fueler
Sep 14, 2010
WATERBURY, CT
Bar50 said:
CAUTION PIC HEAVY!!!!

Been a while, I have been tinkering with the orange car I slapped together...drag strip results 13.0 then a 12.80 then an 11.47 with "hey, that thing needs a roll bar"

So, the beater orange car went from this, save it from the crusher:

To a more presentable version, I think:

Sorry, I'll take some more recent motor pics, I went to CVF Racing deep groove v-belt pulleys and a big aluminum radiator with Intrepid fans. I also went to a CS130 style alternator.

I bought a blue Malibu a while back that had a roll bar, sort of, it looks like one....more on that later.

I dropped my 477/TH400 in place. I set off the front clip as it was only held on by two fender bolts. I put on an S10 manual box. This is the alternator bracket that I have had good luck with. The Jeep shaft is there, its not in place as I have been having a trial and error session with every set of BBC headers I can get my hands on. On that note, WOW, more of them fit than I would have guessed. I sprung for a new set of the 2455 Hooker BBC 70-81 Camaro headers, the fit really well, rubbing the lower control arm mounts. Two more sets of smaller tube Camaro and a set of Chevelle headers, same deal. When I say rubs, like they went right in, they fit as good as the 2441 slip tub headers.... I will take some pics. The biggest headache with any of them was the header flanges hitting the ARP head bolts!?!

Here is the blue car:

and the parts it came with....

The cage is welded to fish plates (sort of) in some spots the frame in at least one...so, toy for now...maybe have a hull car to became the one with a cage and frame notch. Never enough time!!?!

LOOKS SICK! I'D PAINT THE HOOD THAT SANE ORANGE THO!! POST VIDEOS OF THAT MOTOR RUNNING WHEN YOU GET AROUND TO IT!!

phtmbu

Frequent Racer
Jul 24, 2010
After the plumber left today I got a chance to make the BU 18" closer to the ground, 18" of stacked 2" x10 " boards stacked under the front tires, back of the car + jack stand under he chassis, Put the slicks on an got it sitting on the ground after a year or more. Wow the roof and the hood sitting on it are covered with everything.from working on the car.
I guess I will be washing it tommorow.

Bar50

Pro Stocker
Jan 31, 2009
Tulsa, OK
Here is the motor as is right now:

The Champion radiator and Intrepid fans, I cut the stock mounts off of the plastic shroud and used little brackets to hang from the stock mounts. Its two speed. I have it wired to come on low with switch 'on' and high when the thermostat opens.

The LED I wired in to trip the CS130 alternator:

This is because my dash "Battery" light does not come on to trigger the CS130 to charge.

Lets see if this works:

I couldn't figure out how to 'imbed' the video....the belt squeaks a few times when I first started it, hard to tell what it sounds like...tell me what you think?

I need to police up the ISO relays & wiring loom.

Last edited by a moderator:

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts