What did U do to your G-body today??

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
REALLY cool. Is that just a mock up, or a driveable part? I'd like to know how it holds up. Please keep us posted...

Tommy

Stroked383

Amateur Racer
Dec 28, 2005
St louis Mo
Just for mock up, the 3d printed part has a 'honey-comb' center and is not a complete solid. I hope to have this finished by spring, depending on how fast my machinist can make the part. I have not seen this done and hope it works as planned!

Thanks,
Cory

1982 SS

Frequent Racer
Jan 19, 2007
Clearfield, Utah
Stroked383, Do you have the .stl file for that pulley? I've got a sla 3D printer and I'd love to take a look at what the solid model of that part looks like. I bet a printed pulley could be made to work at least for a little while. I haven't had the time to draw up a set of pulleys to try myself. Plus a pulley like that I'm sure is pretty light.

Stroked383

Amateur Racer
Dec 28, 2005
St louis Mo
For anyone interested, this is the 3D render of the pulley. If anyone has ideas or needs that need to be drawn in a CAD software, I can try and help.

Thanks,
Cory

Doober

Jun 2, 2003
Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com
That is pretty cool, I remember I had a class at the local college in MI back around 2006-2007 where we came up with a part design (however simple it was I think it was some sort of butterfly valve), come up with an assembly process (time to put it together), then used a printer to make it and see if our orientations were correct... It was pretty neat.

oldschool

Frequent Racer
Nov 13, 2003
concord, NC
Awesome, my wife got me a 3D printer for Christmas. I will be making all kinds of things.

1982 SS

Frequent Racer
Jan 19, 2007
Clearfield, Utah
Sweet, more 3D printer guys! We may have to start a "What did you print today" thread for this kind of stuff. I've got plans for all kinds of little brackets and trim pieces for mine. I've got a 2-step t brake button mount I'm working on to put it on the steering wheel.

MISFITmalibu63

MalibuRacing Junkie
Feb 21, 2004
The Sticks... Tewksbury MA
pulled the motor/trans from dads car, painted his new motor, and just waiting on new headers and a few small parts to install it.

oldschool

Frequent Racer
Nov 13, 2003
concord, NC
1982 SS said:
Sweet, more 3D printer guys! We may have to start a "What did you print today" thread for this kind of stuff. I've got plans for all kinds of little brackets and trim pieces for mine. I've got a 2-step t brake button mount I'm working on to put it on the steering wheel.
Cool, I have a few ideas up my sleeve. I hope to build some stuff with a vacuum form machine and do some fiber glass qnd carbon fiber parts

1982 SS

Frequent Racer
Jan 19, 2007
Clearfield, Utah
That's sweet! Thats some really cool stuff, working with composites and stuff like that are really cool! Look forward to pics as you dig into that.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts