What did U do to your G-body today??

grey95chevyboy

Frequent Racer
Jun 21, 2008
port st.lucie,FL
sanded the top half to bare metal.

cut out some rust spots...tommrow welding panels in....

nightmare....but no more rust makes me \:D/

rustyolbu

Frequent Racer
Mar 7, 2010
Installed 1.5" belltech drop spindles! with a jack under the control arm she is looking fine can't wait to see how she looks on the ground!

whitetrash84

Dragway Regular
Jan 22, 2004
Muscatine, IA
www.machlink.com
Got the UMI Adj roto-joint uppers, solid lowers, control arm braces, adj shocks, and ATR sway bar back on. The new arms have been sitting in box since Nov. of 09! Just need to bolt my rusty exhaust back together and take it for a little test drive.

SLICK78

Dragway Regular
Aug 1, 2009
La Porte, Tx
rustyolbu said:
Installed 1.5" belltech drop spindles! with a jack under the control arm she is looking fine can't wait to see how she looks on the ground!

Pics?

rustyolbu

Frequent Racer
Mar 7, 2010
SLICK78 said:
rustyolbu said:

Pics?
No prob let me get her on the ground and snap a few!!!

1980PontiacWagon

Frequent Racer
Feb 5, 2011
Northern Virginia
In the last week I got the wagon tinted and started to put down some sound deadening matt...getting closer to putting my carpet in.

malibu795

Pro Stocker
Apr 17, 2005
spgfd ohio
t5montecarlo said:
malibu795 said:
got a hybrid 8.8/7.5 housing waiting for me to pick up on south east cleveland
OK, I give. What is a hybrid 8.8/7.5 housing? How did you mix the Ford and GM parts?
Jim at JD raceing and restoration in cleveland ohio, takes a LTD or gt mustang 8.8 chops the ford tubes off and put the 7.5 tubes ends on..
axle bearings are the same and set it to stock width of the Gbody.. 28 spline is 28 spline. i will be picking up some moser 28 spline alxes.. i have desided to adjust my uppers or pick up 8.8 conversion uppers
my stock drums will bolt on and nothing is custom one off persay.. all parts are avalible off the self axles, brakes, bearings, seals, etc.
so ford dif/center section everything else is is gm
250 for bare houseing
270 for axles and new wheel studs
150 for the complete gt axle that i will use the R&P carrier bought it off here..
80 new 1350 pinion yoke
>50 for a R&P install kit.
either covnersion u-joint or redo the rear u-joint on driveshaft
everythign else swaps over.
for under 800 you have a very good setup for a DD/mild street strip car. for less then it would be to rebuild a 7.5 in parts cost.
cheaper then currie 9" cheaper then rebuilt GN 8.5s or 12b conversions
havent been in his area with something other then a semi truck to pick it up yet :(

gman415

Dragway Regular
May 19, 2009
Chattanooga
Installed my Alcohol carb and pump over the weekend, but then it rained so I'll have to wait before I try it.

malihoochie

Dragway Regular
May 28, 2004
michigan(detroit area)
http://maliburacing.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=106806

^ So, carpeted the lower door panels, and "Folkenheath" on this site and I traded some parts. I ended up with some aluminum brake drums.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts