What did U do to your G-body today??

Brown_Gbody

Top Fueler
Feb 17, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Car's all put away for the winter... Just in time too. We had our first frost of the season this morning.... Arrrrgh I hate winter!!!!!

melloelky

Top Fueler
Jul 1, 2009
mass
Brown_Gbody said:
Car's all put away for the winter... Just in time too. We had our first frost of the season this morning.... Arrrrgh I hate winter!!!!!
me too!!!!I hate winter

Pistonhead

Frequent Racer
Jan 23, 2011
Borlange,Sweden
Took some more pictures today, as we mounted the brakes on the rear end.
We also mounted axle tube seals with a tool that my brother made.

rearassembled6.jpg

rearassembled7.jpg

rearassembled5.jpg

We also mounted axles with bearings.

rearassembled8.jpg

Bill in NC

Top Fueler
Jan 1, 2004
Mocksville NC
Pistonhead, could you share a little info on that seal set up? I have a QP housing in my olds with no seals and you can imagine the mess that it makes as the gear lube makes its way right through the bearings.

Wicked 6

Dragway Regular
Feb 8, 2006
Ansonia, CT
put the cover on it getting ready for the snow...is to early in the season for this crap

Pistonhead

Frequent Racer
Jan 23, 2011
Borlange,Sweden
Hi Bill, I have billet ends on my qp so for me it is just to install the seals.
I use # 9363s seals, but if you have the re-used ford ends that most people have, you should check slimbo`s solution, so here is a link http://maliburacing.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=102851

No wheel studs were installed yesterday because I did not have a 15/16 wrench for the locking nuts, bought one today problem solved.

rearassembled9.jpg

1980PontiacWagon

Frequent Racer
Feb 5, 2011
Northern Virginia
It got snowed on today :(..so I called my brother and tried to convince him to help me do my frame notch this winter...I think hes on board :)

Bill in NC

Top Fueler
Jan 1, 2004
Mocksville NC
Thanks Pistonhead. I got this car about a month after he sold his the set. I was hoping maybe you had found a different solution.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts